XANTIA RADIO REPLACEMENT

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

XANTIA RADIO REPLACEMENT

Post by tim leech »

Hi Guys

The radio on the Athena is still being awkward ever after I changed the aerial and checked the connectors so I can only assume the unit is at fault, when the alarm wouldn't go off I had to disconnect the battery an of course lost the code.

So as this will be daily driver I have decided to fit a modern stereo (unless someone has a perfect replacement) but would like to utilise the steering controls.

Has anyone done this and if so any recommendations.

Thanks
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: XANTIA RADIO REPLACEMENT

Post by MikeT »

I'll be scrapping my xantia with factory-fitted radio cassette and multi-disc changer in the boot - and I've got the radio code. Not sure if it's a direct replacement for yours though.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

S1 cars have a different Radio/CD changer to the S2's I think/told.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:S1 cars have a different Radio/CD changer to the S2's I think/told.
Yep, S1 is a Blaupunkt and the S2 is a Clarion...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by tim leech »

Thanks Mike for the offer, I would like one the same unit if available or will go for a new one if I can get a adaptor kit for the steering wheel controls.
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Is this what you're after Tim?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-Xanti ... 3ef687c6de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juliet
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by tim leech »

I saw that, but as there's differences between s1 and s2 cars I am unsure, problem is with ebay is so many people list fits all models when clearly they don't. I bought the tensioner and spring for the td off eBay and they were wrong even though they confirmed it was correct and now I can't get a refund.
superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

MikeT wrote:I'll be scrapping my xantia with factory-fitted radio cassette and multi-disc changer in the boot - and I've got the radio code. Not sure if it's a direct replacement for yours though.
Mike ... what model number clariion is it?

I've taken fuse1 out of my V6 cos the radio drains the battery for some reason and need another to test against so I could be interested, you've got the code i take it, PM me.

Apologies Tim for jumping into your thread .... i'm outtahere now :wink:
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Northerner wrote:
MikeT wrote:I'll be scrapping my xantia with factory-fitted radio cassette and multi-disc changer in the boot - and I've got the radio code. Not sure if it's a direct replacement for yours though.
Mike ... what model number clariion is it?

I've taken fuse1 out of my V6 cos the radio drains the battery for some reason and need another to test against so I could be interested, you've got the code i take it, PM me.

Not sure, never noted model number when it was out, sorry. Would a pic suffice? And yes, I have code noted.

It's one of these Image
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Funnily enough I've never been caught out on Ebay for bits for the car but have been three times on Amazon, UK and France, but no problems with refunds thank goodness.
Have you opened a dispute through Ebay, I've had to do it a few times and it was really easy and I won each case.

Regarding the above Ebay item, if you put the name and number off the part (autoleads 099-x09) into Google it brings up a lot of sellers including Halfords who will advise if it will fit - so they say. Amazon also sell it (their photo may be of use) - and I've never had a problem with a refund from them - so far anyway.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-PC99- ... s+pc99-x09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And yet this seller says it won't fit!!!
http://caraudiosecurity.com/vehicle-int ... -1998-2000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also found these - may be of use.
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=36476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=27812" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juliet
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Time i have a 4030 i think it is with changer if you wish to keep it standard?
Failing that a Pioneer MVH unit is good with front adapter plate and steering control adapter as they have no mechanical parts and a good USB and line input interface so great for the MP3 Collection and Bluetooth calls on certain models as they are very cheap.
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

tim leech wrote:Hi Guys

The radio on the Athena is still being awkward ever after I changed the aerial and checked the connectors so I can only assume the unit is at fault, when the alarm wouldn't go off I had to disconnect the battery an of course lost the code.

So as this will be daily driver I have decided to fit a modern stereo (unless someone has a perfect replacement) but would like to utilise the steering controls.

Has anyone done this and if so any recommendations.

Thanks
My Mk1 td has an after market Sony in it, when i bought it it had a sony unit in it with a steering wheel adapter unit fitted but (long story...short) that has now been replaced by a (sony) cdx-gt470um unit, unfortunately as i did not fit the steering wheel (button) adapter unit i dont know of its origin/make, all i can say is it operates though a 3.5mm jack plugged in(to) the back of the head unit, quite how a basic 3.5mm jack plug operates the various different buttons on the steering wheel im not sure...but it does. This control unit is best described as a 3" long oblong unit with various wires connected to it, the reason i state this is because you will also need a power & speaker adapter harness too, all these add considerably to the amount of wiring behind the radio unit which in my experience is a bit of a 'mare :evil: because theres very little space for all the additional wiring, in my case i fed all the wiring down behind the heater controls & ashtray but along with the new (renault scenic :| ) aerial lead & amp wiring there really is very little space but it's 'do able' & the results in my experience make it well worth while.
Music keeps me going.