ZX Sunroof

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ossian

ZX Sunroof

Post by ossian »

Slightly off the usual topics this one,but heres hoping you can help?
Have ZX Reflex when I bought the car there was a sunroof fitted, its says on it Skyview a manual type two hinges on the front and single securing latch on rear. The things just started leaking and i've identified it down to one of the hinges which has one of the inserts broken, leaving the sunroof loose against the seal on oneside.
Question
has anyone heard of the Sunroof manufacturers "Skyview" are they still going spares etc? Worse case scenerio is i'll seal the thing anyone any tips of how to go about this etc? Need to do something before car floods.
Advice appreciated
Tony
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Cant you get some parts or bits off a simalar sun roof in a scrp yard? Owned a Lada Niva (4x4) great lttle car but the same problem. Found the same sort of roof on an old metro. The bits worked after a bit of fettling.
ossian

Post by ossian »

It's a thought Stuart,might give it a try, no signs of the manufacturers on the internet.
Thanks
Tony
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Have you tried to get the parts from Citroen? I find our local Cit main dealer is pretty good at getting obscure parts for old models. :-) (groveling helps) lol..