2002 Peugeot 406 GTX Hdi, cruise control wont work! Help!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard85

2002 Peugeot 406 GTX Hdi, cruise control wont work! Help!

Post by Richard85 »

Hi all, ive been pulling my hair out for ages now trying to get my cruise control working on my 2002 406 hdi 2.0ltr working. I have checked the rear lights and all bulbs are correct and working, also checked and tested all switches on brake pedal and clutch all working fine. I had the garage put her on the diagnostic which showed the buttons on the cruise stalk were working and talking to the com2000 unit. So i checked the manual and there is no fuse listed for the cruise circuit but i checked all fuses in the engine bay and by the drivers footwell and all are fine. I even went to the expense of buying another com 2000 unit from the scrappy, still no luck. However one thing i did notice when the diagnostic was done, is that there was a field for esp/ asr and the status was flicking from yes to no constantly. The engine was off with just the ignition on. There are currently 2 fault codes stored p0380 camshaft / crankshaft syncronisation, no signal from crankshaft sensor , which is weird as the car runs fine! Also p0340 which is just the glow plug relay circuit, bad earth. Still the cruise will not work and im at a loose end. Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Richard
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Re: 2002 Peugeot 406 GTX Hdi, cruise control wont work! Help

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Was it diagnosed with Peugeot Planet?

Also try a BSI reset, I needed to do this with one cruise control I fitted for someone.

If you've got any kind of intermittent fault with braking and steering though, the cruise won't work (for safety reasons?)
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Richard85

Post by Richard85 »

Hi Gibbo_Wirral,

The 2 x faults p0380 and p0340 were recently diagnosed on delphi software. Im not sure what software the garage were using when i took it in and found out about the esp/asr issue. Ive tryed the BSI reset and had no luck, unless im doing it wrong?

Im just scratching my head over the esp scenario, it was indicating that it was intermittentley triggering on and off. Do you know what would cause this? And were i need to start to fix it? My old C5 2.2hdi auto had a esp button, but this one doesnt you see.
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Personally I'd do a Planet diagnostic. At least with that equipment it tells you the mileage the fault code occurred, and you can read live data and check individual components.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Richard85

Post by Richard85 »

Update! Have had my car on a lexia and peugeot planet, found that the cruise is switched on in the ecu and the switched on the pedals are working fine and in the right sequence. However the enginr ecu logs a fault code p0340 camshaft/crankshaft sync : No camshaft sensor signal. So i have orderd a new camshaft swnsor along with a new crankshaft sensor as im led to beleive this could also be the issue. Nothing else to report from the diagnostic. So will keep you posted!
Richard85

Post by Richard85 »

Problem solved! Changed both cam and crank sensors and the cruise control is now working. Used peugeot planet to clear faults in ecu and all is well. So anyone wondering why there cruise isnt working if all else fails, change the cam and crank sensors as a pair only cost me £40!