clutch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Liverpool1
New User

clutch

Post by Liverpool1 »

HI
I have a C4, recently had the rear brakes pads, shoes and calipers changed. Since then when I depress the clutch pedal, it vibrates, but only when I first press it down a small amount, any ideas please
Last edited by Liverpool1 on 04 Jul 2015, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: clutch

Post by SaabC5 »

I really can't see any corolation between changing rear brakes causing clutch vibration. Coincidence I suspect.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
mad_at_french_cars
Locked user account

Post by mad_at_french_cars »

Liverpool1 wrote:HI
I have a C4, recently had the rear brakes pads, shoes and calipers changed. Since then when I depress the clutch pedal, it vibrates, but only when I first press it down a small amount, any ideas please
My C4 started doing this in early June. Vibrating clutch pedal. It still went ok for a week or so ,Then the release bearing smashed it's way through the fingers on the clutch cover, jamming it all, including the crank.

£486 later it's all back on the road with a new clutch kit.

That's my idea on your problem.. coincidence. Your clutch could well be on the way out. Mines a 2.0 petrol VTS. The clutch didn't slip. It just went. There was not much wear on the plate really, though my mechanic informed me it was not the original clutch (88k miles), it was a "cheap sh1tty replacement"..... curiously absent from the service history.
TURDS!
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

Yes, that's normally what fails on citroen/peugeot clutches, the release bearing. Don't wait for it to fail completely!