HI
I have a C4, recently had the rear brakes pads, shoes and calipers changed. Since then when I depress the clutch pedal, it vibrates, but only when I first press it down a small amount, any ideas please
clutch
-
SaabC5
- Posts: 765
- Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 23:18
- x 1
Re: clutch
I really can't see any corolation between changing rear brakes causing clutch vibration. Coincidence I suspect.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) 
-
mad_at_french_cars
- Locked user account
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 06 Jun 2015, 21:37
Re: clutch
My C4 started doing this in early June. Vibrating clutch pedal. It still went ok for a week or so ,Then the release bearing smashed it's way through the fingers on the clutch cover, jamming it all, including the crank.Liverpool1 wrote:HI
I have a C4, recently had the rear brakes pads, shoes and calipers changed. Since then when I depress the clutch pedal, it vibrates, but only when I first press it down a small amount, any ideas please
£486 later it's all back on the road with a new clutch kit.
That's my idea on your problem.. coincidence. Your clutch could well be on the way out. Mines a 2.0 petrol VTS. The clutch didn't slip. It just went. There was not much wear on the plate really, though my mechanic informed me it was not the original clutch (88k miles), it was a "cheap sh1tty replacement"..... curiously absent from the service history.
TURDS!
-
flying clutchman
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 12:58
- x 3
Re: clutch
Yes, that's normally what fails on citroen/peugeot clutches, the release bearing. Don't wait for it to fail completely!