X7 Exclusive LDS reservoir.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

X7 Exclusive LDS reservoir.

Post by SaabC5 »

Ok, so I've got a weeping pipe under the lds reservoir, bought the new pipe with a view to just swapping it over but I'm buggered if I can see what's holding the reservoir to the pump area. I've taken the 10mm nuts off that hold it to the wing and I can jiggle the reservoir in all directions but can't get it up far enough to get to the jubilee clip on the pipe. Anybody got any tips for me, I need to sort this leak asap. Pic of pipe attached. Image
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: X7 Exclusive LDS reservoir.

Post by bobins »

I've uploaded the relevant pdf for you.... but you won't learn much from it I'm afraid :-/

http://www.filedropper.com/c5x7-b3bg011 ... sreservoir" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Thanks Bobins I've managed to sort it. There's a high pressure pipe that goes behind the os wheel arch liner. You need to remove the wheel & liner to get to the clip that fastens the pipe to the underside of the reservoir. It's the clip that won't pull through the grommet, so you undo the clip and have a container to hand because the pressure will pop the pipe off. Once that clip is off you can pull the reservoir out to access the other pipe/clip. Replace pipe and all clips and top up with fresh LDS. I then did some Citröen aerobics with the suspension to make sure all was pressured up fine. Took about 1.5 hours with a beer break.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Yes, makes sense, the car needs a beer break after doing Citroebics ... :D