Yawn! More on my Berlingo.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Yawn! More on my Berlingo.

Post by Jon »

After I completely lost the plot a few weeks ago re: my Berlingo Multispace 19D and its inability to run correctly for more than a week at a time, heres an update.
An old established Citroen dealer in Wiltshire agreed that they'd read the fault codes, download the latest software to the ECU and check out the running problems if I got the 20k service done with them. I took the car in there today.
Good news!!! They did indeed do what they said, and the thing runs a lot smoother. No more hesitation on a light throttle and the thing feels OK to drive (although, I admit, its never going to set the World on fire)More good news! They cleaned it and we found that it is Posiden Blue.
Bad News!!! The service was £188.51. Oil, filter, diesel filter and brake fluid[:(!] Well at least I know they changed the brake fluid, the first time I used the brakes the (previously firm) pedal went down halfway. Doh, job for weekend, bleed brakes.
Can't have everything I suppose.[:D]
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

you know the old saying.... if you want a job done properly....
but you should have a quiet word with the sevice manager and they should recheck brakes for free, if you are worried . Reminds me of a trainee mechanic at a garage i once worked at, who in his eagerness to finish a job quickly, crashed a fiesta into a brick wall because he forgot to pump pistons out when her replaced brake pads. the thing was the owner was watching out of reception window! oh how we can laugh now, but at the time it wasn't so funny or a least when the boss was in earshot!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

- or my good old mechanic - a long time private frind of my parents - he was so eager to test the handbrakes on my 2. car ('72 Simca1501) - he backed up the car just after he had left a 90deg curve - and went down with car on a 3m slope.
I was waiting at his garage for him to return with the car.
As time went on I got worried - then he suddenly came running around the corner - blushing red with lost breath.
Struggling to breathe (he'd be sprinting all the way back home to his garage) - he tried to speak - and tell what happened.
First I was scared off - thought the car was lost - then I burst into a cramp laughter [:D]
What an insane event - by a professional - as he told me [^]
I was then pushed into his showroom condition Morris Monaco 2.2 - and he slammed a lenght of rope into the boot - and off we went with screeming wheels - out to my poor Simca - some 5 min's drive from the garage.
He then instructed me to sit in my car - which was not easy as it's position was indeed near vertical [:D][:D] - and I should then try keep the driving wheels running - while he pulls on the rope with his (poor) Monaco - backing off to have the most pulling force in reverse.
This is one of the most mad experiences I've ever had - my god we were struggling to get my car up the slope - and so were the cars [:D][:D]
Of course it was impossible - the poor Monaco started emitting smoke after a couple of minutes - the clutch really had taken what it could take [|)]
After some trying my mechanic decided the Monaco was not fit for this fight - and we then returned to the garage - leaving the Simca.
A rescue car was called for help - and my mechanic begged me not to tell the driver how my car ended up down the slope [:D][:D][:D]
Of course I promised that - I'd for long seen the totally laughing mad situation - and was still struggling not to keep laughing.
Off I went with the rescue car - and the driver was quite astonished to see a bumper and 2 headlamps pointing up the heaven when we arrived [:o)]
I can't remember what I explained - but I do remember he asked if I was drunk driving - as he then would not allow me to drive the car home.
Some 15min's fiddling with chains and wooden support blocks - and my Simca was happily back on the road.
Nothing was damaged - it started first off - and I drove it back to the garage - no weird sounds from transmission.
My mechanic was - to say the least - quite forlorn about this - and insisted in hoisting the car and inspect it thoroughly - any damages paid by him.
Nothing was found - nothing at all - except for the underbody stuffed with mud behind the rear (driving) wheels.
The slope was rain wetted dirt - and had softly & gently taken my Simca.
In fact I was a lot more concerned about the clutch in his Monaco [8D]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

[xx(]WHEN I WAS A VERY YOUNG NAIVE TRAINEE MECHANIC SOME FIFTEEN YEARS AGO I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT CITROENS, I HAD TO BRING A THEN NEW BX GTI, BACK TO THE WORKSHOP (IT WAS A FLEET CAR) I WILL GIVE ALL CIT OWNERS A TIP DO NOT LEAVE THE SUSPENSION ON LOW WHEN DRIVING 100 MILES, AT 90 MILES PER HOUR IT SURE DOES HURT YOUR BACK, BRAKING WAS INTERESTING TO !!!!!! THE WORKSHOP MANAGER WAS WAITING FOR ME DUE TO THE LAST USER PHONING HIM UP TO SAY THE BX WAS SPARKING OVER SPEED HUMPS, OH WELL WE ALL LEARN .