Electronic Question (Console Resetting, Key Fob Not Working)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

joeyjoejnr
New User

Electronic Question (Console Resetting, Key Fob Not Working)

Post by joeyjoejnr »

This is for a CITROEN C4 SX 16V 5 DOOR HATCHBACK 1587CC 2006 PETROL MANUAL

Couple of weeks ago I went to start my car but it wouldn't turn over. Got it towed and a mechanic to look at it, turned out I needed a new fuse box for the engine. When I got the car back i noticed:

- The key fob no longer operated the central locking

- Every time I put the keys in the ignition it resets the console to French language and the units to km (I'm in the UK). I can manually set this back but when I switch the engine back on it resets every time.

I asked him about this and he says it is probably happened when I tried to jump start or bump start the car. He says that I'll probably need another new fuse box for the body ecu. The original repair cost me £232 and I'm keen not to spend this again.

Questions:

- The mechanic says the engine fuse box needed replaced completely because the individual fuses couldn't be taken out and replaced, for the fuse box for the body ecu it looks like the fuses can be replaced. Is it possible that just changing the fuses might help?

- I've tried to get a second hand fuse box but the dealers are asking for the part number (one of them asked for a 96 number), any tips on how to find this? I had quick look at the fuse box but couldn't see anything. I think it might be on the side of it which is difficult to get at
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Electronic Question (Console Resetting, Key Fob Not Work

Post by xantia_v6 »

To get a part number, someone with an account on service.citroen.com needs to go into the spare parts documentation and locate the correct part for your car. There are a few people on here who will often do this, or you can create your own account on that site (it is not very user friendly, but it is free for this purpose).

If you want somebody here to look for the part number, you need to describe where the item is located on the car, as I am sure that that the C4 has plenty of black boxes to choose from.

Perhaps better advice is to find somebody with a Lexia to perform some diagnosis (or buy your own Lexia diagnostic interface).

From a simpletons perspective, it sounds like a permanent feed is missing from one of the ECUs, causing the system to reset itself whenever the ignition is switched off.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Electronic Question (Console Resetting, Key Fob Not Work

Post by wheeler »

Go to the interior fuse box (the BSI) & check the shunt fuse is in the CLIENT position & not PARKING.
Like in this pic >