Topping-up Eolys - who needs 'special' gear?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dnsey

Topping-up Eolys - who needs 'special' gear?

Post by dnsey »

I've today successfully topped-up the Eolys tank on my C5.
Haven't set the counter yet, as someone previously had entered the wrong figures, so I have a bit of calculating to do.
Having obtained the fluid cheaply (someone's leftovers from a 5l bottle), I didn't really want to spend more on a filling kit; turns out that there's no need. I lashed together a gear oil bottle (the sort with a flexible nozzle), some PVC tubing I had lying around, and a short bit of rigid pipe which was a push-fit in the tube.
A couple of turns of tape round the pipe made it a snug fit in the tank filling port, and gently squeezing the bottle, occasionally releasing the cap to let air back in, resulted in all the fluid in the tank, and none on the ground.
Moral is, don't waste money on a filling kit unless you're doing the job day in, day out.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Topping-up Eolys - who needs 'special' gear?

Post by wheeler »

When you buy the 5 litre bottle from Citroen it comes with the filling kit anyway or at least it used to.
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

Re: Topping-up Eolys - who needs 'special' gear?

Post by Bandit12 »

Good job there Dsney. One question as I'm in a similar boat. have you reset the counter yet? If yes what was the calculation used?

Bandit
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)