Just joined the forum and a question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ajrm

Just joined the forum and a question

Post by ajrm »

Hi all, just found this website after searching for an answer to a question I have, and thought I should join.
I have just bought a 2010 C5 VTR+Nav Airdream Tourer. I live in Deal near Dover, and this is the latest in a longish line of Citroens.
I currently have an unused but in good nick 2003 Picasso 2l HDI that has an expired mot, I have also had 2x2CV's, a1.4 BX, 1.9 BX GTi and a CX 2.5 GTi
Anyway, my C5 came without reversing sensors and I have just ordered some to fit.
Now, here's the question.
How do I get the sensor wires into the boot?
Are there any ready made holes and if so, where are they?

Thanks in advance

Allan
ajrm

Re: Just joined the forum and a question

Post by ajrm »

Ok, I found a grommet behind one of the rear side pockets that fits in the floor, I'll use that to get the cables through
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Where do you plan to connect the sensors to? Are you going for the genuine solution (beeping from the car's speakers and displaying the distance on the screen), or the aftermarket one (external beep unit mounted whetever you can mount it)?
ajrm

Post by ajrm »

It's an aftermarket kit with just the beeper. The genuine unit sounds good, but I guess that's going to be an expensive option
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Parking computer + wiring loom, approx. 300 GBP ... you could get it cheaper from a breaker, but it's a real challenge to wire it properly
ajrm

Post by ajrm »

I think I will stick with my £32 unit. I have a similar one on my Picasso and it works just fine