206 intermittent open circuit + short to posi all injectors

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

206 intermittent open circuit + short to posi all injectors

Post by Deanxm »

Evening gentlemen

I've got a slight issue I'm struggling with on the sister in laws 03 plate 1.4? TU propelled 206 I'm hoping you can assist me with.
For a while now its been having running issues with eml on, sometimes from start up apparently but I will keep to the symptoms I've seen for myself.

-Sometimes stalls when dipping the clutch at low speeds but not always
-After the faults are cleared the eml can be illuminated accompanied by a heavy jolt from the engine with liberal application of wot and engine speed of 4500rpm+
- fault codes are always the same and are logged together at the same time as follows;
No 1 injector open circuit
No 1 injector short to positive
No 2 injector open circuit
No2 injector short to positive
No 3 injector open circuit
No 4 injector open circuit
No 4 injector short to positive

And that not a typo it doesn't give a short to positive for no 3.

I've checked the earth behind each headlight and both earth points on gearbox, the moulded injector loom is sound with good contacts, ECU plugs all clean and secure, injector resistance is the same across all 4.

There has been lack of power to varying degrees from barely noticable to barely moving the car but never a missfire.
I'm going to surf the interweb and see if I can track down where the power is supplied to the injectors from tomorrow but other than that are there any thought from the room?

Many thanks in anticipation of a quick fix or well known fault..............

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: 206 intermittent open circuit + short to posi all inject

Post by wheeler »

Deanxm wrote: I'm going to surf the interweb and see if I can track down where the power is supplied to the injectors from tomorrow but other than that are there any thought from the room?
Assuming an 03 206 has com2000 then the injector power is supplied by the under bonnet fusebox, the injection relay is an integral part of it.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Thanks but slight error on my part, its a early 2001 model, the fuse box is displaying some signs of white crustyness but very very slight, nothing I would think would cause an issue, took the everything off and cleaned the contacts, cleaned all the earths and taken it out for a long run, the light will now come on in a random manor and only with a PO202 and P0204 in diagbox, pp2000 goes into the details of short to positive and open circuit on injectors 2 and 4 only now so I'm poking in the right place just missing something.

Also there is no data from the downstream O2 sensor only the upstream is this right? Surely the downstream one should be monitoring the cat all the time?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Ok it most likely won't have com2000 then, in which case the injector power suply comes from the double injection relay, it's a 15 pin relay either brown or black, can't think of its location off hand on a 206 though.