C5 suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Blue an

C5 suspension

Post by Blue an »

Hi guys
My C5 suspension pump failed so acquired another pump from a breaker with the same serial numbers and had a local garage fit it. They tried to lift the suspension and after it would not lift told me I needed new front and rear lift sensors so they replaced them but it still won't lift. They have sort of gave up at that so I went with a mate to bleed the system front and rear as they said that would probably be the problem. Bled it from the front then rear, pump is running on key ignition but when I start the car it still says suspension fault and will not lift.
Thanks in advance guys
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: C5 suspension

Post by vborovic »

Maybe it would help to know which year your car is from (or at least model, 1st, 2nd (facelift) or 3rd (X7))?
Blue an

Post by Blue an »

Sorry it is a 2004 2.0 hdi model
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Might I suggest that, before you do any more part swapping, you check on the Lexia map to find any members near you with a Lexia, and is willing to help. It is the only way to get a comprehensive diagnostics (other than going to a dealership, that is). This is a link to that list;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Have they bled the pump? To do so you need to raise the pressure in the supply tank, not much, about half a bar is enough and can be done with a bicycle pump and adapter.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Blue an

Post by Blue an »

Had a brake & clutch bleeder on tank attached to tyre for pressure
Getting plenty of pressure to rear bleeding nipple when pump is initially turned on at ignition
Had car at Citroen dealer a few month ago for diagnostic check and was told it was suspension pump but they wanted £1200 for a new one hence one from breakers
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Bleeding the suspension pump doesn't require the opening of any bleed screws, it self bleeds by raising and lowering and turning the steering lock to lock a few times.
If it isn't coming up there must be a fault, maybe the 'new' pump isn't any good.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
andybsmith

Post by andybsmith »

Was it the pump or the pump motor that failed, if it was the motor it's quite easy to fit the new motor onto the old pump, that means the original ecu should be recognized by the ccu and should work
Its a French car, it has foibles, patience is a virtue
Xantia VSX 155 bhp
C5 2.2 Exclusive
Blue an

Post by Blue an »

Hi guys
Sorry to have been away for so long but have acquired a lexia 3 diagnostic kit and did a diagnostic check on the c5 it is coming up with a fault code P13D1 on the suspension side of it saying it has a conflict with ECU unit can operate actuators on suspension and pump is working but car still will not lift from lowered position
Patience wearing thin now
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Interesting... Can't turn up that being a valid Citroen fault code when I search online?
Did the garage depressurise the system before they changed the pump?
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
darbuck
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 X7 Tourer VTR+ (138 BHP)
2007 Nissan Primera P12 1.6 T-Spec (110BHP)
2003 Citroen C5 Estate level 2 (110 BHP) 2.0 HDI
2001 Nissan Maxima QX 2.0 V6

Post by darbuck »

You could try depressurising the system and restart the car after without pressurising the tank i only suggest this as my mk 1 estate decided to get stuck up at the back and wouldn,t budge until i depressurised it, worked for me you never know.i would suggest clearing all faults first.just did a quick search and found Trouble Code Description
Citroen C5 car P1301 OBD-II Trouble Code Boost Calibration High is one of the definitions for the P1301; however your vehicles manufacturer may have a different definition for the P1301 code. Please check below for your specific make. is it possible you misread the code :?: :) .You need to be checking the faults in the suspension section of diagnostics. :)
Darren
Blue an

Post by Blue an »

darbuck wrote:You could try depressurising the system and restart the car after without pressurising the tank i only suggest this as my mk 1 estate decided to get stuck up at the back and wouldn,t budge until i depressurised it, worked for me you never know.i would suggest clearing all faults first.just did a quick search and found Trouble Code Description
Citroen C5 car P1301 OBD-II Trouble Code Boost Calibration High is one of the definitions for the P1301; however your vehicles manufacturer may have a different definition for the P1301 code. Please check below for your specific make. is it possible you misread the code :?: :) .You need to be checking the faults in the suspension section of diagnostics. :)
The vehicle is at the garage I will try a new diagnosis and depressurise the system next week I checked the fault code a few times and wrote it down correctly but when I checked online could not find that code either and similar codes did not seem to be anything to do with suspension
Thanks for the advice will be in touch soon