P206 (SW) How to wire in a CB/Amatuer Radio?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mpdevice
My Cars:

P206 (SW) How to wire in a CB/Amatuer Radio?

Post by mpdevice »

I got some wiring diagrams 206 of the Internet and they don't seem to tie up with the real world.

I am trying to get some 12 V from the inside with about 10 A capability. No matter where I look I can't seem to get any. Thought I could get some from the fusebox, two big fat wires seem to have no volts on them while the key is not turned. Am tempted to use the front cigar lighter wiring but not convinced.
A lot seems to be live only either when key is turned or engine is running I suppose.
If anybody has suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Michael
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: P206 (SW) How to wire in a CB/Amatuer Radio?

Post by Peter.N. »

I would go for the cigarette lighter they are usually fused at about 20A which would be ample for CB but probably not ham radio if you are going to run 100 watts, PA stages are notoriously inefficient, probably OK if you are only running 2 metres/70cms though.

Peter
mpdevice
My Cars:

Post by mpdevice »

Yes, looks like I will although I don't know the wiring sizes yet, ideally I want a low impedance path straight to the battery w. return. That is normally best and also quite EMI proof. Tempted to get the drill out in the end.
Could also go in the ignition key feed. Thanks Peter, yes it's just for a 70 cm radio. 10 A should be fine for now. Job for the next weekend...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I think I would be inclined to run the earth via the shortest route, there should be a ground connection under the centre console if you are taking it out. I was going to say give us a call if you are down this way but I don't have 70cm now, only 2 metres and HF.

Peter (G0HET)
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

When I had mine rigged up in my van I went to halfords and got a plug to go in the cigarette lighter worked fine for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk