'02 Citroen C5 estate taillight no show. HELP!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mcmoonter

'02 Citroen C5 estate taillight no show. HELP!

Post by mcmoonter »

Trying to sort out a no show taillight bulb before I can obtain an MOT and then head off to meet friends on a bicycle touring trip.

I've replaced the bulb holder which fits into the upper half of the two lamp clusters with a new one from Citroen thinking I'd found the fault. The brake light works fine but the tail light isn't illuminating. So the earth side must at least be working as they are common.

The three pin multi plug from the main harness looked slightly discoloured and I suspected that the connection may have been corroded or compromised in some way. I cannot get my circuit tester to pick up any power in the feed.

The handbook wiring/fuse guide suggests that the NSF side and the NSR rear tail lamps share the same fuse. I located the one listed and it's fine. Is this fuse In fact shared?

I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Peter
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: '02 Citroen C5 estate taillight no show. HELP!

Post by Stickyfinger »

Two things

Earths are poor, I add an extra each side....or....a faulty wire in the loom tube that goes between the tail gate and the body which it btw my 1st bet.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
mcmoonter

Post by mcmoonter »

The loom doesn't run through the tailgate. It pops out through the pillar as the only lights on the tailgate are the number plate and high mounted brake lights. I will try and splice an extra earth in.
mcmoonter

Post by mcmoonter »

I managed together the multi plug properly cleaned up and got it working. Thanks.