Xantia Texton Box Replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Xantia Texton Box Replacement

Post by DHallworth »

Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice regarding my Activa.

When the battery was flat last year the central locking stopped working. I've tried reprogramming the key but for some reason the car won't accept the Key Code. When down at BL Auto's last year we tried again to recode the BSI using the key code. John phoned Citroen and they confirmed I had the correct key code which we did.

As a result the remote central locking won't work and I can't code the new V6 ECU to the car so there's no immobiliser either which is something I'd quite like to sort.

I've got a BSI with a known key code from a Xantia HDi that I broke earlier this year but I'm not sure if they're compatible between cars. Does anyone know? If it's just the locking and immobiliser that it controls I don't see why it won't be, but I'd like to be sure before I do anything. If they're not, I'll have a chat to Sticky about the one from his breaker.

David.
Last edited by DHallworth on 24 Apr 2015, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Xantia BSI Replacement

Post by DickieG »

Engine ECU's can only be programmed once so you won't be able to programme one from another car to the BSI (I presume you mean body computer as Xantia's don't have BSI's) of your car, what you really need is the small black box from behind the glove box in the donor car to sort this out.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

The ECU on my Xantia is a new, completely blank, uncoded ECU which is why I was hoping to be able to change the box.

I believe it's called a Texton box on the Xantia, not a BSI.

David.
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

DHallworth wrote:The ECU on my Xantia is a new, completely blank, uncoded ECU which is why I was hoping to be able to change the box.

I believe it's called a Texton box on the Xantia, not a BSI.
If it's brand new/uncoded then you can code it by programming the engine ECU from it's own menu in Lexia rather than the body computer menu, IIRC you look for replacement parts. I did this procedure on my second HDi so it can be done.

I believe Texton is the make rather than the name as such.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Texton Box Replacement

Post by DHallworth »

The problem I've got is the Texton box in the Activa for some reason won't accept it's key code. In all the history I've got from before I got the car (all main dealer) none of it shows anything about a new CPH being fitted to it.

When entering the key code into mine via lexia it just says "code incorrect" or something similar.

If I fit the CPH from the Xantia HDi that I've got with a known working key code, will I be able to program the rest of the car around the HDi CPH?

David.
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Texton Box Replacement

Post by DHallworth »

Well, I decided this evening I'd give this a try and see what happened.

I took the glovebox out of the Activa and removed the old CPH. I fitted the new one and started the car to make sure it would still run. Happily, as the engine ECU was brand new and unlocked it did.

I then went into the CPH with the Lexia and reprogrammed the remotes and keys for the central locking, when prompted I entered the Key Code for the new CPH (the one that was removed from our old Xantia HDi before it was scrapped). After I'd done this I tested the remote central locking and am pleased to report that it worked perfectly. I then went into the menu to initialise the new CPH, I was asked if I had an alarm, if it had a secondary alarm (or something along those lines) and did I want an audible beep when it was locked. After answering these questions it prompted for the key code again and reprogrammed the central locking remotes and the transponders in the keys.

I tested the central locking again with both remotes and ensured that the car started with all 3 keys, it still did.

Further down in the menu's for the CPH I selected the option "Initialise Engine ECU" after being asked if I was sure it prompted me again for the key code, after entering this I was asked to switch off the ignition, it then said "Dialogue in process" and after about a minute it said "Complete".

I've now got a working immobiliser, 2 working central locking remotes and 3 working keys, all coded to the CPH (Texton Box) from another Xantia.

Whilst I realise this was only possible because I was using a brand new, uncoded engine ECU, I can confirm that it does work.

I can't understand why my old CPH stopped accepting the key code though, I had used it in the past to code the keys but for some reason this time it refused to accept it as the correct code.

I was also pleased to see that when running a "Global Scan" in Lexia I've not got a single fault on any of the ECU's in the car :)

David.
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel