trade deal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

franciscolunn
My Cars:

trade deal

Post by franciscolunn »

shocked is all i can say,been looking around for another car and after a long search found a couple but shock horror all i was offered for my lovely 1996 XM 2.1 was .....£150.....and from a citroen dealer at that,and its got 12mths mot and 3 mths tax.what more can i say...
DarkendViper

Post by DarkendViper »

I know. I got offered £50 for my K reg Fiesta 1.1. It's got 12 months mot, 9 months tax and just had a new clutch. It's in nice condition.
Car's just seem to loose value. On a plus side I got offered £400 more than what I paid for my Xantia Estate even though I've put an extra 20,000 miles on it in only a couple of months.#
Ste
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

That was a good offer for the Fiesta, must have had a full tank of fuel ;)
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

recently got offered £600 on my L reg'ZX td against an N reg'd Alfa 146 1.6. Not bad considering it cost £595. I was only having a nose though. The Alfa was 2 owners from new & had only 29k on the clock.
DarkendViper

Post by DarkendViper »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arry_b</i>

That was a good offer for the Fiesta, must have had a full tank of fuel ;)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Think that was for the clutch :)
Ste
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Last weekend I got offered £800 to £900 for my October 1998 facelift Xantia 2.0 petrol exclusive with 62000 on the clock, against a new Mazda 6. Am I buying the Mazda? Nooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaay! By the way, even Glass' Guide shows £2500 for my Xantia.
Jamie
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by franciscolunn</i>

what more can i say...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Keep the car !
You know the ins/outs of this car now - and how are you gonna pay for a same size/comfort/extras car ?
Try compare the annual costs driving any newer car - with the costs running this XM - every detailed spendings considered - including annual write-off on the newer car !
If you think a newer car may be cheaper to maintain or more reliable - then you better think twice !
Even worse if considering a showroom car - including financing spendings.