95 Xantia 1.9TD engine needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nigel c

95 Xantia 1.9TD engine needed

Post by nigel c »

Is it possible to put a non turbo 1.9 D BX engine into a Xantia and fit the turbo back on ?
Does anyone have a 1.9td engine that they want to sell ?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

>Is it possible to put a non turbo 1.9 D BX engine into a Xantia and fit the turbo back on ?
No. Whilst outwardly similar the N/A and turbo engines are really very different.
>Does anyone have a 1.9td engine that they want to sell ?
Not personally - mine is very much still in use! You should be able to get one from a breakers without too much grief though.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

As Richard says they are stunningly different, different compression, cams, pistons etc, the head on the TD also has oil galleries etc
I found it VERY difficult to locate one at a breakers largely because they have a tendancy to end up back in taxi's, and because of this they can be VERY expensive. Better option might be to look for a crash damaged Xantia and buy the whole thing!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Or...buy a cheap ZX or Xantia TD, running, on Ebay, plenty on there for under £500. Probably cheaper than just an engine from the scrappie?? !![:p]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

No, but you can (and should!) fit a 2.1 TD12 from a crash damaged XM or Pug 605. Then it will really fly!
//NiSk
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

My 'dream' is to get a 2.8 HDI into a BX from a new Relay (or Jump as they are in spain) van. One cut me up a few months ago, so i went round him and cut him up, it was toooo tempting to put the anchors on and ask to buy the engine from him!
Kered

Post by Kered »

Hi Nigel
I've just spotted a damaged Xantia with good turbo engine on ebay. Go to www.ebay.co.uk and do a search on Xantia. It's at £22 at the moment and is in Dorking, Surrey.
Hope this helps
Derek