What is wrong with the Fog Lamp?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

begins
My Cars:

What is wrong with the Fog Lamp?

Post by begins »

Hi all,

My Citroen C5 2007 2.0L Petrol, fog lamps (front and rear) used to work. However, nowadays, when I turn the knob, I do not see the fog lamp (front or rear) icon showing on the display. Needless to say, the fog lamps no longer lighted up.

Could it be a simple case of replacing the 4 bulbs or it means something more troublesome? Would a Lexia be able to troubleshoot problem associated with lighting?

Kindly advise me.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
hamster99

Re: What is wrong with the Fog Lamp?

Post by hamster99 »

Start with the simple stuff first like checking the fuses, then the switch connections on the column stalk, before changing the bulbs.

In my experience it's unlikely all four fog light bulbs will have failed at the same time.

This may sound a bit of a basic comment but remember that the fog lights will only come on when the main lights are switched on (at least in the UK they do)
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
citronut
My Cars:

Re: What is wrong with the Fog Lamp?

Post by citronut »

does the C5 have a COMMS 2000 if so it will be that at fault,

i recently had this on a customers Pug 206CC, we had the original ( only known fault ) fixed by

http://tinyurl.com/q2cfvtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Graham is a very very helpful guy,

on refitting it to the car i checked everything the stalks operate to find neither the front nor rear fogs worked, or there dash lamps as on your car,

so i called Graham who told me to try squirting some switch cleaner into the gaps in the lighting stalk, then operate the switches a few times, this failed to get them working so Graham said if he knew this fault existed before we sent it to him, he would have sorted it all in the same price,
but my customer or myself knew of the fault so could not advise him,

he said if we cover the postage both ways he would sort it free off any extra charge, which he did
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years