Xantics C5 Adventures, AKA Luxo Barge

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Xantic

Xantics C5 Adventures, AKA Luxo Barge

Post by Xantic »

After a number of years of owning Citroens i finally ended up with almost the perfect C5, It's a manual as opposed to an Auto but beggars can't be choosers.

I negotiated a deal with Malcolm at Savoy Garage near Burnley and collected the car with haste, After owning it for a couple of months and enjoying it all of a sudden it decided to break a pipe on the suspension and out come all the LDS Fluid.
Ok the Mrs was not amused but myself knowing what cars are all about understood these things happen, As long as they don't happen often im ok with that.

To cut a long story short the LuxoBarge is back with us and am i enjoying it , You bet i am. Since it's been back i have giving it a polish etc and here are a few photos after the event.
There will no doubt be tales of journeys, hopefully no mishaps and anything else i can promote the wonderful joy of owning a C5 to follow but for now the photos as promised of a newly polished C5 with leather .

Expect a few more photos during the year and i will try to keep this blog up to date.
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Xantics C5 Adventures, AKA Luxo Barge

Post by CitroJim »

Great stuff Russ :-D Looking forward to hearing of all the adventures!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

Same colours as my first Mk1......BEST SEATS in ...........the WORLD

Forget the sat Nav as it cannot even do post codes...not worth it. Fully extend the seat belts and spray the bottom of the belt with Silicon spray......replace the engine under-tray if you want your AirCon and Alternator to last. (if missing :) )
Check your front calipers and handbrake cables, grease and clean the cable/tube (force white grease up) and the HB leaver arms on the calipers as well ...all as part of any servicing you do.
Keep an eye on your rear suspension gators they can dislodge, any knocking over speed bumps (frnt) are the drop links (get OEM quality only) and cheap, metallic "clacking" on the rear on speed bumps are rear arm bearings, about £350 per side and do it as soon as you hear it. A Forte injector cleaner in a 1/4 tank worked wonders on mine.

I am sure if its a car from that source you have made a good bet with that......enjoy the comfort. I took my arthritic 76 year old Mother on a direct no stop trip from Somerset to Aberdeen in mine, she loved it and was able to sleep in comfort a lot of the way. She stepped out and walked normally, as did I ....comfort all the way, great car
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dogger
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

Yes they are a very comfortable car and to be honest i would say all the work you mentioned has already been done.
It will have plenty of trips during the summer weekends both near and far. The adventure starts here.
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

Well the old Luxo barge has done me well. Comfort at it's best, only one trip to Cornwall this year but plenty of road trips elsewhere although not great distances due to when i am off work the heavens open so not worth going too far.

As for the car itself there is a slight bit of knocking on the front going over speed bumps, i hate them, apart from that just put fuel in and drive. The dog is not comfortable in the car, he wont be if i had a Rolls Royce he hates the car but he is forced to go everywhere as he is part of the family.lol.

The time has come though to look for an automatic as the old knee is playing up after driving an auto truck all week using the clutch at weekends is causing grief. Yes i am getting old and i hate it. No special photos to add as there has not been an opportunity to get any decent photos on our travels just the usual seen them before ones so i will spare the boredom on the pictures.

I don't get much time to myself to join in on the forum to be honest but i am forever reading the posts so don't think i am anti social i try to cram as much as possible in to my time off and sadly forum writing is a low priority but reading is a must, so keep up the good work everyone, i shall just sit silently in the background.
Russ
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Don't worry Russ, we'll keep you in reading material!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

I bought a nice metallic red SX about five years ago and fitted a complete leather interior courtesy of the scrap yard. You will be better off without an automatic - unless you have plenty of money. :wink:

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Peter.N. wrote:You will be better off without an automatic - unless you have plenty of money. :wink:
Why do you say that Peter?
Jim

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

Peter.N. wrote:I bought a nice metallic red SX about five years ago and fitted a complete leather interior courtesy of the scrap yard. You will be better off without an automatic - unless you have plenty of money. :wink:

Peter
Hardly.....

Only re difference is in driving style (acceleration)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dogger
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

ummmmm
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dogger