2.0 110bhp HDI Acceleration

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnway
My Cars:

2.0 110bhp HDI Acceleration

Post by johnway »

Hello everyone,
My 2002 C5 always had more oomph than my 2003 Pug 406 yet they both have the same DW10 engine (no particulate filter). The Pug starts and runs OK but when I put my gogo foot to the floor (especially in 3rd gear) there is no immediate response - revs stay the same as does the speed, then after maybe 10 seconds or so - whoosh, off she goes !! I have tried gentle acceleration through the gears but it just won't perform as it should even though the turbo is working. I have changed the air filter and fuel filter recently and don't hear any vacuum leaks - any ideas out there please? All the best, John.
My chariots : 2002 Pug 406 110 HDI Executive Estate 138K
1995 Citroen AX 1.0 Debut 26K
I Blame it all on my Dad!! (Sadly had to give up driving & his 2nd BX) but Mum still has a C1.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: 2.0 110bhp HDI Acceleration

Post by Peter.N. »

Strangely my C5 seems to have more oomph than the 406 but if the rev/mph displays are accurate it would appear to be lower geared. I did have a loss of performance on the 406 which was cured by changing the MAF, got a secondhand one off ebay for not to much money.

My C5 has a couple of peculiarities, firstly its the first car I have had with a pretty well 100% accurate speedo at all speeds when checked against the sat nav, they are normally up to 10% fast as is the 406. Also the 406 will return over 60mpg driven gently, indicated and measured, the C5 is indicating about the same mpg but on measuring is actually doing about 10mpg less!

Peter