slight leak from diesel pump ideas?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DublinChris
My Cars: 1998 Series 2 - 1.9TD owned from '98 216,000+ miles
Previously BX19DTR, BX19TD, BX19TZD

slight leak from diesel pump ideas?

Post by DublinChris »

Ok so in January I had the diesel pump rebuilt and seals changed. I do still have a slight bleed and looking for way to stop. The bleed is from a small exposed ball bearing near top of pump on the left face side. The guy who rebuilt it said to put some superglue over the bearing - after drying everything off. So after being parked up for 24 hours and being careful to get everything well dry I did put some superglue over bearing as advised. For one and half days no bleed but then as might be expected in very hot conditions in town traffic with fans kicking in yesterday I see very small bit of seepage.
So the idea seems to work but need something that is going to stand up to high temps to make the seal - anyone got any ideas? This is to avoid going down the route of having service people take pump off. :?:
Let the good times roll

current every day 1998 Xantia turbo diesel 1905cc series 2
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: slight leak from diesel pump ideas?

Post by MikeT »

That ball bearing is sealing the low-pressure side so perhaps some sort of liquid metal or araldite type mix would do the job?
DublinChris
My Cars: 1998 Series 2 - 1.9TD owned from '98 216,000+ miles
Previously BX19DTR, BX19TD, BX19TZD

Post by DublinChris »

MikeT wrote:That ball bearing is sealing the low-pressure side so perhaps some sort of liquid metal or araldite type mix would do the job?
Thanks was thinking something along those lines next - it is a very slight seepage but would like to seal it off and kill diesel smell in hot weather :)
Let the good times roll

current every day 1998 Xantia turbo diesel 1905cc series 2
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i was told once by a diesel component service guy, when i asked him about a leaky throttle spindle, he said quite often its down to a one way valve in the feed/return banjo unions at the pump becoming stuck, this causes pressure build up in the wrong place's, which causes fuel to leak were ever it can get out
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years