1992 AX 1100 Carb model advice please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mark W
My Cars:

1992 AX 1100 Carb model advice please

Post by Mark W »

My recent purchase of the above as a station car is due a tune up. I have purchased from yours truly a Air filter, HT leads and 4 plugs. In the mean time I have paid for someone to do what I regard as essentials beyond my very limited knowledge, namely cambelt/Oil change/Fuel filter change. She starts fine but is rough from cold with occasional missing till warm. When warm it has a flatspot low down. Not helped by the fact I tend to change up to early, my other car being an Xantia TD! I have bought a Haynes manual on Ebay but is taking an age to arrive. Can anyone tell me the plug gap setting for this model in the meantime? The air filter seems easy enough and I will only replace the HT leads one at a time to avoid mistakes. Then If it still runs poorly I will consider a proper tune up.
Thanks
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

hi mate
I have an AX GT & i've changed the plugs a few times and never checked the gap, i thought they were all preset now?
Laters[:D]
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

If its a single choke carb and not injection, i have had in the past under the base of the carb found the 2 base screws loose which made it run all a bit horrible until i tightend them!
To gain access to them u have to unbolt the carb from the manifold. 2 12mm nuts i think. Lift the carb up away from the studs and tilt the carb so the bottom can be seen. You should see the 2 philips screws so they can be tightend up.
There is a risk of splitting the carb gasket , but if your careful and a bit lucky you should be ok!
As for plug gaps they should always be checked from new.
Hope that helps a bit
[8D]
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

0.8mm plug gap i think!
If i'm wrong watch this space!!!!![:D]