xantia alarm problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ukmobileman
My Cars:

xantia alarm problems

Post by ukmobileman »

i have a P plate (97) xantia turbo diesel estate, the plip has 2 buttons and is a IR type, the alarm seems to be on when doors unlocked and off when locked!!! also there seems to be no key switch under bonnet where it should be (like on my 93 xantia t/d) it may have just fallen through panel and be wedged somewhere or not there at all! how can i reset alarm (i.e remove battery lead)or test it works correct ?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Are you using it correctly, the first button is to lock it and the second one is used to dead lock it and set the alarm, ONLY the first button is used to unlock it wether the alarm is set or not.
Scuttle key switch discontinued.
Dave
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

i had guessed switch had been discontined, also i tried the deadlocking with sencond button - thats when problem started the alarm seems out of sync with the central locking!!alarms sounds when i get in car after it been opened ! but if you lock it you can shake car and stick your hand through the open window and nothing goes off!
the lights indicators flash when alarm is armed/unarmed siren works etc - i just wondered if i disconnected battery if this will reset alarm or will it stay out of sync still?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Worth a try I suppose, but it sounds like one of those bugger to find faults to me, don't forget about radio code if you take battery leads off.
Have you had a look to see if the alarm needs a snorkel[:D]
Dave
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

No Snorkel needed yet! only had the car a few days and just trying to sort the problems before i start useing as a daily driver! i am quite use to xantia problems as this is my second one.......