Fault Diagnosis ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gjb02
My Cars:

Fault Diagnosis ??

Post by gjb02 »

The car starts, and drives, but..... Lots of little problems. Most of which are down to one or many of the little sensors, switches and gizmos dotted all over the engine bay.
The problem is, how do you link a sensor with a problem, i.e something says it should activate when under load. But it activates at idle! What tells the ecu the engine is under load?
Is there a table for common faults and their associated sensors? Grouping a funcion of the ecu with a sensor/group of sensors.
It would make fault finding a lot simpler.
The other thing of course is to get a fault code reader, I don't think I want to know what has failed though!! Could be more what hasn't failed[:)]
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

If anything had failed catastrophically, you'd probably get the ECU light coming on.
A fault code reader probably won't be too much use, unless you get a good one and use it as in this thread: http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=4947
Or else get a friendly garage to do it and check the engine from cold. Anything else would be guesswork, and could end up very expensive.
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Borrowed a Gunson fault reader, it gave me 22 (Idle speed control valve)twice, and 65(Cylinder Sensor). It's the later that has me confused, what the..... is a 'cylinder sensor'? Is it the TDC sensor? Has my ZX 2.0 16v even got one[?]
Any ideas.
mg46783
My Cars:

Post by mg46783 »

Hi... cylinder sensor... f Im thinking about the one you are thinkiing about (!) its referrng to the "fly by wire" or "drive by wire" arrangement. If yours has this arrangement - look at each injector - one will have a wire on it. Thats the sensored one..if you understand.
Mike