Radio swop

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mipster
My Cars:

Radio swop

Post by mipster »

Has anybody come across this before:
The wife's has been given the radio from a 02 Saxo to go in her ZX. It plugs in fine but everytime the engine is switched on the radio needs the code inputting.
I'm going to have a poke around when I get the fascia panel and I'm thinking of starting with swopping the live and permanet live around.
If anybody has done this before let me know[:)]
Now my xantia radio takes about 10 minutes to 'warm up' (i'e' stop crackling). Will the ZX radio work with the sterring wheel controls if I put it into the xantia?
TIA,
mipster
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Your on the rite track with the live and the permanent, a quick swap around and it should be OK. Not sure about steering wheel controls but would be nice to let us know if it works.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I doubt you will find anywhere to plug the wheel controls in on a ZX radio since the car was never offered with that capability.
Dave
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

If you still have the original 'ISO' blocks on the ZX side.
The block with a tag in the top left corner looking to the block, the pin numbers run left to right on the top row 2,4,6,8 and the bottom row 1,3,5,7. This block is known as 'A'
4 (+) Permanent live (yellow/black)
6 (+) Side lamps (orange)
7 (+) Ignition controlled (blue)
8 Earth (yellow/brown)
Block 'B' has a tag on left side in centre, the top row 2,4,6,8 and bottom row 1,3,5,7 for the speakers
1 + RH Rear speaker
2 - RH " "
3 + RH Front "
4 - RH " "
5 + LH Front "
6 - LH " "
7 + LH Rear "
8 - LH " "
As dave has said the ZX did not have Steering wheel controls, some models only had two speakers at the front only.
Sooty
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mipster</i>

Will the ZX radio work with the sterring wheel controls if I put it into the xantia?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This is what he's asking guys, not the other way around.
I'm no expert, but I would say a definite no.
mipster
My Cars:

Post by mipster »

Thanks people,
I had a look at the ZX-xantia swop yesterday and the trim is all wrong, It won't fit in without a bit of a buthcers Job so I won't be bothering.
If I get the trim for the ZX from the dealers on Saturday (ordered it this morning) I'll have a shot at the live/permanent live issue over the weekend,
cheers
mipster