rear wheel bearings xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sheldon6

rear wheel bearings xantia

Post by sheldon6 »

please help
i am attempting to repalce the rear wheel bearings
the haynes manual says to remove rear calliper i need to de pressurise the hydrailic system.
mine is a 98 xantia 1.9td estate and im not sure if its hydroactive or not because one says do it with the engine running and one says not.
any help much appreciated
mark
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Engine should be running to depressurise suspension for '98 Xantia whether hydractive or not, because it has anti-sink fitted. If it's not hydractive, you can depressurise suspension after switching off the engine, until anti-sink valves close (it will probably take several minutes, maybe half an hour or so). After that, anti-sink valves will close and after moving lever to lowest position, the car won't sink, so suspension won't be depressurised.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

You don't really need to depressurise the suspension when messing with the rear brakes, I certainly never bothered when I took the calipers off mine.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

blueboy is right - there is no pressure in the calipers - unless you press the brake pedal.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Right!
sheldon6

Post by sheldon6 »

thanks to all who replied, it is a relief to know that i need not bother as i was not looking forward to doing it. Typical haynes manual, im surprised that it did not tell me to disconnect the battery!!