Xantia and hydraulic pump hose

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Morten
My Cars:

Xantia and hydraulic pump hose

Post by Morten »

Hi,
seems like my hose from tank to hydraulic pump is leaking air(Have replaced the hose clip). Has anyone tried to replace the whole hose with a non Citroen hose ? What kind of hose was used ? The original is (cast)angled a few places, how is the bending angle solved without choking the non Citroen hose ?
Morten
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hei Morten -
This hose is indeed a nightmare - only available as original Citroen spares item - at an insane cost [:(!]
I'd say any oil-resistant hose with adequate inner diameter should do the trick.
Remember that basically the LHM hydraulic fluid is mineral oil based.
The hose should simply provide a leakfree oil resistant connection between pump & reservoir.
As a quick repair a lenght of (clean) PVC garden hose would do the trick [;)]
- untill you find a stiffer hose type.
In Norway you may try :
http://www.myparts.org/classicparts/mai ... endatabase
- for a spare hose. No idea though what they charge for this hose.
Morten
My Cars:

Post by Morten »

Anders, the price for the original hose in Norway is approx NOK1950 that is €230...
So I have found a company which has alot of industrial hoses which resist almost everything inc high temp. I will try one of those hoses and see if it's a trivial task to replace the original Citroen Hose.
Morten
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

..... AFAIR last time we discussed this hose the cost at UK Citroen dealer was approx GBP130 - which would (also) be close to insane price level ?