Phone trouble

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DeanPesticcio

Phone trouble

Post by DeanPesticcio »

Hi, I have a C5 VTR PLUS NAV HDI (2010), got my iPhone connected via Bluetooth, but when I try to use the phone no one can hear me, but I can hear the other person through the car speakers. Is there a setting where I can adjust the mic gain, or a setting on the iPhone? I’ve tried my wife’s iPhone, same problem, I’ve been tapping the dashboard trying to locate the mic but I can’t find it to check maybe it’s been damaged during a valet, any ideas please.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: Phone trouble

Post by vborovic »

If genuine, the microphone is located in the ceiling, where the roof-well lights are (you'll notice the few cut out lines there) ... not impossible that the wire (connectors) is/are damaged somewhere from it to the nav unit (behind the dash) ... did it actually ever work before, or it just stopped to working recently?
DeanPesticcio

Post by DeanPesticcio »

I have only had the car a few months. It never worked. Please post if find anything else. Thanks for your reply.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

If I find something? You need to troubleshoot what the problem is, not me ... I'd start by taking out the nav unit and checking the back wires first, preferably with an electrical wire tester (multimeter) ... if the wires, all along the roof microphone are in order, it is not impossible that the microphone is turned off by programming the nav unit with Lexia/DiagBox ... can you first check that you actually have a mic in place in the roof?
DeanPesticcio

Post by DeanPesticcio »

Found the mic. If tap it with my finger the person on the other phone can just about hear it, but it it isnt sensitive enough to pick up a voice in the car, not even a lout shout.. so its wired, just not sensitive enough. Gonna have to take it to someone with a diagnostics device..