This is what xantia fans call heaven

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CITMAN
My Cars:

This is what xantia fans call heaven

Post by CITMAN »

This forum is crammed full of problem xantia's. WHY
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

I blame Citroen
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

Because they're decent motors suffering from Citroen's terrible lack of attention to detail. It doesn't bother me too much, because it means I can have a much better car than I might be able to afford otherwise. This probably applies to lots of other members of the forum too.
My advice to a prospective Xantia buyer would be: Don't buy one unless you're prepared to get your hands dirty and fix it yourself, it's generally simple things but occasionally you're going to need some advice. That's where this forum comes in, and why it's full of Xantias.
Other hydro Cits feature strongly here too, i.e. XMs and BXs. The complexity of the hydraulic systems on these cars is not something to be taken lightly by a newcomer, especially one with little or no engineering background. Again, this forum is a mine of information on this subject.
Stu.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

The Xantia is really the only relatively common aging hydropneumatic Citroen in the UK at the moment
C5's will still be under warranty, the XM didn't sell particularly well, most BX’s have gone to the great car park in the sky, and the vast majority of CX and GS/GSA are long gone [:(]
Its not surprising then that most hydro Cits in the UK are Xantias.
If this forum had existed 10 years ago it would probably have been full of BX problems.
Nick