C5 Navidrive 58 Plate Failure?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ant_Piercey

C5 Navidrive 58 Plate Failure?

Post by Ant_Piercey »

The Navidrive system of my 58 plate C5 tourer has failed. All functions on the screen are off and it doesn't respond to anything. I have tried the reboot by holding the dark button for 10 secs to no avail.
Could it be just a fuse or loose connection or is it looking like something more serious?
Thanks in advance.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: C5 Navidrive 58 Plate Failure?

Post by vborovic »

Well, did you check the fuse? You said the screen is not working, how about the audio, no sound coming from it? If no screen & no sound, do you hear anything from the device when you press the CD eject button? If it is not due to the fuse, I'd say the unit bricked itself, somehow. How about your car battery, how old is it? Low battery (in case you get Economy Mode often) can cause all sorts of electrical glitches or issues like this one.
Ant_Piercey

Post by Ant_Piercey »

Thanks for getting back. I will be checking the fuse, obviously. As I only have a few minutes at lunch I was just asking if there was anything known by you guys to be directing my checking at apart from just a fuse if that wasn't the culprit. The entire audio/nav system has 'died'. I can't eject a CD or listen to the radio, the screen is blank totally. It was working fine and then just after a quick trip out to a customer it failed to turn on again when I restarted the car.
The battery is fairly old however I have had no issues other than this with the vehicle and it has just passed a service and MOT in the past week. Nothing electrical has happened with the vehicle since it was bought new.
Thanks you very much for your reply.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

If the fuse is not the culprit, and we disregard the battery (if possible, do try to fully charge it with the battery just to remove it from the list of suspects) the only other "soft" way of checking would be by hooking up the car to a diagnostics tool (Lexia/Diagbox) ... if the unit really is dead, it won't communicate with the car, meaning the car won't find it ... from then on, you could try electrically solving the issue (by opening up the Navidrive unit) ... just for reference, which exact Nav unit are we talking about? Check from the list here:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/peugeot ... s-psa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In case the unit is dead, the only solution would be to get another one, used or new ... I guess I don't need to point out that they're not that cheap ...
Ant_Piercey

Post by Ant_Piercey »

Many thanks, I'll give that a go. I have an RT4 I believe, well it looks just like this and as its an older model of vehicle so I doubt it would be the RT5 version.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Worst case scenario:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-Rech ... 4191f39d3e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldn't think about getting a new one in your place, you could imagine the price compared to the used one ... :D
Ant_Piercey

Post by Ant_Piercey »

Yeah, I guessed they'd be a ridiculous price after paying a silly price to have it put in when I spec'ed the car up. Best not think too much about that scenario just yet eh? ;)
Once again many thanks for your help.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

If you need deeper knowledge about your unit, you can read this:

http://rt4.wikidot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

Have a look at this thread

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=49726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

That won't help him, he'd be switching from a navigation to a radio unit ... screens not compatible ...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

That much !...geezeUS

I smell china clone :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider