would this work?? *OBD2*

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

would this work?? *OBD2*

Post by Harlequin »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-ELM327-V ... 5d4c431a94" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

theres an offer on google play for £3 credit when using paypal for the first time - meaning the app would be free

so would this actually work?

and ofc - would it work with my 97 synergie?
Simon
Northern_Mike

Re: would this work?? *OBD2*

Post by Northern_Mike »

I don't believe it would work on a Synergie of that age as they're not OBD compliant.

Torque pro + cheap BT Adaptor does work well on compliant cars and Android phones though.

Vorsprung berk Technik
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

not even with a suitable obd > synergie adapter?
Simon
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

The simple answer is no. What is more EOBD and OBD2 are very restricted in what information they give you. Most manufacturers permit you to see only the parameters and fault codes mandated by EU law. Common standards were opposed by manufacturers but imposed by the EU and USA. However the EU block exemption laws made it mandatory for manufacturers to make all their technical data available at a "reasonable" price. This and the common interface made it economical for diagnostic tool manufacturers to produce tools that go beyond EOBD relatively cheaply. More recently our oriental friends produce "genuine" manufacturers diagnostics such as IDS, diagbox and clip at very low prices. These tools have virtually main dealer functionality.
Some years ago I tried out some ELM interfaces. They are better than nothing on vehicles produced from about 2000 on, even on some that are not fully eobd compliant.
There are a number of hand held tools out there that will do basic diagnostics on your Synergies. Look at Foxwell, Autel and Seeley amongst others. The older model tools are now quite cheap.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autel-MaxiScan- ... B00EN7JXGI
For the price the mini elm is worth a go provided you have a vehicle with the 16pin interface. The most you can loose is 7 pounds 24 pence.
Dave1987

Post by Dave1987 »

is it cheap? Autel al419/Al519 works good than this and even cheaper