Xsara Picasso LCD Display Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bouillaguet
New User

Xsara Picasso LCD Display Problem

Post by Bouillaguet »

Hi, we live in France and bought a Xsara Picasso just before Christmas from a small garage in the UK. They had fitted a new (?) radio and since then the right side of the LCD dashboard display is not working properly. Very occasionally it will dimly flash up "airbag fault" (you can only see this if the sunlight is in the right place!) and the warning beeps work re. leaving keys in etc. but no display of time, date, low fuel etc.

Any suggestions of what the problem could be please?
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso LCD Display Problem

Post by Lighty »

The radio fitment is probably not connected with your issue, best to remove the central display & change the bulbs, this is a simple job, only takes 15 mins max really .
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
old-un77
My Cars: Renault 14...now skyward
Renault 19.. skyward also..
'03 Xsara 1.8 Picasso in silver met his maker
'06 Desire, again in silver also gonn to metal heaven

Post by old-un77 »

Also possible, methinks that the Day/night button has been pressed this dims the right side leaving left side, speedo, fuel etc at normal brightness.......
just a thought.....Bob
Bouillaguet
New User

Post by Bouillaguet »

Thanks for the replies. We don't think it is the bulbs, and definitely not the dimmer button as we've tried that but something to do with the radio fitting.They guy at the garage admitted that after they fitted the radio (JVC) they couldn't get the right hand side of the display to work. Unfortunately as my husband went over to get the car and had a return ferry booked he couldn't hang around whilst they tried to fix it. I don't think the radio is fitted correctly, or it's dodgy anyway, as when I play a CD it doesn't switch off when I turn the ignition off and if I turn if off manually then turn on again when back in the car it always starts at the beginning of the CD again, not where it stopped.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I am not sure about the lighting issue, but it is common for Citroen to swap the permanently live and ignition live around (for the radio, that is). I fitted an adaptor after swapping those wires around on it, and that fixed this problem on my Xantia.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The Picasso LCD display will not display any radio information (volume, CD track, tuned station etc) from anything but an original radio if that's what your meaning, the remote radio controls wont work either without a specific adaptor.