Injector leaking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dawsy 22
My Cars:

Injector leaking

Post by dawsy 22 »

Hi all my 2.2 C5 Diesel has what I think is a leaking injector .The symptoms are that on idle the the engine revs slightly increase and straight away the e.m.l light comes on I have checked the fault with my lexi and the fault reason is low pressure.i have had it on the lexi today and on the live data screen 3 of the injectors are running at around 1 and the other 1 is running a negative. 2:16 on the flow correction hope this makes sense any help would be much appreciated
Thanks Ian
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Re: Injector leaking

Post by JamesQB »

It would seem the injector is sticking open or slow to shut off. That'd explain the negative correction and low rail pressure. I'd get a scrapyard injector and replace it, see if that cures it. Others might have different advice.
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

You can check them by connecting a length of plastic pipe from each injector leak off connection into four similar sized receptacle and checking the amount of leak off from each injector, they should all be more or less the same, if one is excessive that it likely to be the problem, this needs doing with a hot engine. If you have one passing excessive leak off although that might not be the problem it needs changing anyway.

Peter
dawsy 22
My Cars:

Post by dawsy 22 »

Thanks guys I have a spare injector which I will fit this week,one other question am I correct in thinking that number one injector is nearest to the cambelt.

Thanks Ian
Thanks Ian
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

On this engine number 4 is nearest the timing belt.
dawsy 22
My Cars:

Post by dawsy 22 »

Thanks wheeler I will be trying to remove the faulty injector tomorrow tried today but I don't think the engine was warm enough
Thanks Ian