XM - "Left Front Door Open"....but it isn't

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndUK

XM - "Left Front Door Open"....but it isn't

Post by AndUK »

Regarding XM Mark 2 1995
The dashboard warning, "Left Front Door Open" has decided to come on despite the fact that the left front door is firmly closed and the interior light switches off normally, once the door is shut.
Where should I start looking to cure this annoying little problem?
Thanks in advance.
AndUK
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

I would start where the wire loom leaves the body and enters the door. Open the door, trip the lock with a screw driver or similar so the door "thinks it is shut" and then wiggle the wires where you can and see if the "open" light goes out (there may be a broken wire in there anyway which will not show up without stripping back). From experience however, it will be a dirty/dry/damaged connection inside the door. You will most likely need to take the door pannel off to access it but before you do give the lock workings a good spray with WD40 trying to get into any gaps. May save a lot of hassle.
(I do not believe there is any connection between the couresy light and the warning light. Different switches, one on the door pillar for the courtesy light and one attached to lock for warning light)
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

On a BX the door warning light is operated off the door lock switch, as is the central locking and the headlight warning alarm is on the courtesy light circuit.
jeremy