xantia front height corrector

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

xantia front height corrector

Post by elma »

Someone please explain how to adjust the thing. My cars stuck on high since I did the bottom arms. I stupidly disconnected the band around the roll bar rather than unpopping the clip. I've spent a he last 4 hours trying to set it but whatever I try if its connected the thing goes to high and if disconnected goes to low.

Clearly when the car goes up the roll bar rotates forwards so I assume I need to rotate the clip backward, is that correct? The cars the one in my signature.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: xantia front height corrector

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You can only do this when the car is on ramps, or over an inspection pit, or on a lift that supports the car by its wheels. The engine must be running, and the suspension on its normal setting. Make sure that, if the car goes all the way down (it can happen) there is enough room for you underneath. When you are sure it is safe, loosen off the roll bar clamp (10mm socket), and then move it slightly. Wait 10 seconds or so until the car has stopped moving, and then check the height.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: xantia front height corrector

Post by elma »

Thanks, got it now. I was following your procedure but with little success. Turned out I had to adjust about 45deg outside of the little cutout which made me assume that was the range of adjustment. Riding at 3 fingers now so happy. Front is still hard but I still need to do the centre sphere so I guess its expected. I remember softer before the work but having not driven it for so long now I'll accept the stiff ride.