New Battery

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

centurus2400

New Battery

Post by centurus2400 »

I was getting rather fed up with my car (08 2.0 C5 Tourer) spending most of it's time in economy mode when the ignition was off.
It also seemed to be rather random as to how long you got before it switched to economy.Had the (original) battery checked and was told it was fine.
No need at all to replace it etc. Decided to replace it anyway, and fitted a Silver Dynamic Varta, which has a four year warranty.
Shopping around on the internet it was delivered to my door for under £70 - this for an 096 size.

I'm pleased to report that it has solved the economy issue, so was worth doing.
Moral of this story is that the X7 seems very sensitive to battery condition -even though it may check out fine it can still not be good enough for such a thoroughbred machine :-D
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: New Battery

Post by Stickyfinger »

centurus2400 wrote:I'm pleased to report that it has solved the economy issue, so was worth doing.
Moral of this story is that the X7 seems very sensitive to battery condition -even though it may check out fine it can still not be good enough for such a thoroughbred machine :-D
I will give you a Tenner if your not back here next week with "Econ Mode is back" as a thread title :)

Now, what confuses me is we are told the Econ mode is both a calculation of Charging time/Battery voltage/Starts/Time on engine off........, Now my mates German Bump-a-Long has Econ mode as well, does that do it ....nope...takes about 20/30mins on the accessories position if it comes on at all ......where as with our Citroen cars, its how long until it comes on !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
centurus2400

Post by centurus2400 »

I don't want to tempt fate but I waited three weeks before posting and it's still fine.

I'll let you know the address to which the tenner should be sent :rofl2:
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

mine, six weeks then back again....I wait to post the tenner till I get yours :)............ [-X

Really all jokes aside, a new battery when I first got it to replace the original as I got the warning Encoomy Mode few days after getting back.

I have had both batteries tested at the local....load is good on both...never a warning or poor start, car charges very well, no codes yaba yabba ect ect....but...Hello its ME again and my wonderful automatic tailgate does nor open or I wait in silence rather than running the engine.....................agggg

To me, the software takes over all logic and inserts some Wokkie Code

Is there a way in the Lexia to increase the time till it fires ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I don't think it exists, at least I've never stumbled upon it ... it is probably buried deep in the BSI core
1997V6

Post by 1997V6 »

centurus2400 wrote:I.................... Decided to replace it anyway, and fitted a Silver Dynamic Varta, which has a four year warranty.
Shopping around on the internet it was delivered to my door for under £70 - this for an 096 size...........
The Varta Silver Dynamic should have a 5 year warranty, see here:
http://www.tayna.co.uk/Type-096-Varta-S ... P3197.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

1997V6 wrote:
centurus2400 wrote:I.................... Decided to replace it anyway, and fitted a Silver Dynamic Varta, which has a four year warranty.
Shopping around on the internet it was delivered to my door for under £70 - this for an 096 size...........
The Varta Silver Dynamic should have a 5 year warranty, see here:
http://www.tayna.co.uk/Type-096-Varta-S ... P3197.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After my experience with the battery that came with the car and the new one I fitted, eg....they both are as good as each other when tested at the garage "under load"
I am convinced a lot of new batteries are being fitted to Citroen's for no good reason, after all, I do now have two perfectly good batteries.
I wonder if the first advice should not be...."New Battery @ £75-100"....but..."Charge for 24hrs, correct-BSI reset and have battery LOAD tested", "if persistent or battery tests poor on load, replace battery"

PS edit:....FYI, the load tester is a hell of a unit, big cooling fan and hot carbon...impressive safety door ect...never seen one before
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider