DPF additive time

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martinwiseman2000

DPF additive time

Post by martinwiseman2000 »

Hi,

My C5 Mk2 (57 reg) has just popped up the "Particulate filter additive level too low" warning at 123,800 miles.

The 80,000 mile service (where the additive was supposed to have been refilled) was done just before I bought the car in 2011, however the service was done by an independent garage, not a dealer, and there is no mention of additive on the invoice.

My research suggests that the car would originally have been filled with EOLYS176 which is no longer available and so either Eolys Powerflex or Infineum F7995 should be used, with Infineum F7995 being the Citroen preferred fluid for a C5. Both of the replacements are compatible with Eolys 176 but not with each other.

Question 1: If the tank was not filled at the 80,000 mile service, it is plausible that it would have lasted to 123,800 miles before running out or should I assume that it must have been refilled?

Question 2: If the tank has previously been filed with one of the replacements fluids, how do I find out which one, or if I can't, what am I supposed to do to ensure I don't end up mixing them?

Question 3: Where is the best place to buy Infinium F7995 in the UK? A Google search only finds foreign sellers or places selling a rather dubious looking aftermarket product called JLM PAT fluid which claims to be compatible with absolutely everything including the older DPX42 despite all the dire warnings from Citroen about different fluids not being mixable. Given that I'm planning on keeping this car for a while and this is a very infrequent operation, I'd prefer to use the proper fluid.

Thanks,
Martin.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: DPF additive time

Post by DickieG »

It may well be the case that when the Eolys tank was refill the system wasn't reset using Lexia, a quick diagnostic session may well sort the problem. You can visibly check the level in the tank by removing the cover on the N/S of the fuel tank where you will see the Eolys tank with a white plastic window through which you can see the level.

I used Infineum F7995 to refill mine which I bought from a Citroen dealer.

13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH