Xantia Body Computer Programming

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Xantia Body Computer Programming

Post by Chetiya Dias »

Hi everyone. Need urgent help. I need to know the access code for 2.0i 16v XU10 engine for lexia body control programming. Please help me.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Body Computer Programming

Post by Chetiya Dias »

My vin number is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Normally you will have to contact your local Citroen dealership, with proof of ownership of the vehicle, as this is a security function. However, there may (I am NOT sure of this) be a default code for some functions.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

The car don't start. My body computer is not working. So I bought a body computer and remote key from one car. I need to programme it to the system. When connected to lexia the access code is required. Here in Sri Lanka now there is no dealer available. What should I do.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

It depends upon what code is required, if it's for re-programming then it's 03114, if however it's a four digit code you need to get that code from the credit card supplied with the car or from a dealer.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

DickieG wrote:It depends upon what code is required, if it's for re-programming then it's 03114, if however it's a four digit code you need to get that code from the credit card supplied with the car or from a dealer.
It is the 4 digit code required. The credit card I didn't get from the previous owner and he doesn't have it either. Also there is no dealer here to get it. Deep trouble. [emoji27]
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Chetiya Dias wrote:
DickieG wrote:It depends upon what code is required, if it's for re-programming then it's 03114, if however it's a four digit code you need to get that code from the credit card supplied with the car or from a dealer.
It is the 4 digit code required. The credit card I didn't get from the previous owner and he doesn't have it either. Also there is no dealer here to get it. Deep trouble. [emoji27]
Hmm, not good, what happened to the original ECU, were any fault codes recorded on it?

I take it you don't have the code for your car or the replacement ECU then? Without the code I think you're pretty stuffed :(
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

DickieG wrote:
Chetiya Dias wrote:
Hmm, not good, what happened to the original ECU, were any fault codes recorded on it?

I take it you don't have the code for your car or the replacement ECU then? Without the code I think you're pretty stuffed :(
You mean the engine ECU. I only replaced the body computer. The engine ECU is the original which came for the car. The 4 digit code is programmed for the engine ECU or the body computer? If it is for the body computer I should be able to get the code from the person I bought it.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Chetiya Dias wrote:You mean the engine ECU. I only replaced the body computer. The engine ECU is the original which came for the car. The 4 digit code is programmed for the engine ECU or the body computer? If it is for the body computer I should be able to get the code from the person I bought it.
Apologies I'm talking about the body computer, that needs to be matched with the engine ECU, I don't think you can reprogram the engine ECU once it's been done so ideally in your situation you get hold of a matched pair from a donor or buy them new.

What you will certainly need to do is reprogram the keys to match the body computer four digit code, so if you can get that from the previous owner of the body computer plan on doing that then see how you get on. When you try to start the car do you get the immobiliser light flashing on the dash?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

DickieG wrote:
Chetiya Dias wrote:You mean the engine ECU. I only replaced the body computer. The engine ECU is the original which came for the car. The 4 digit code is programmed for the engine ECU or the body computer? If it is for the body computer I should be able to get the code from the person I bought it.
Apologies I'm talking about the body computer, that needs to be matched with the engine ECU, I don't think you can reprogram the engine ECU once it's been done so ideally in your situation you get hold of a matched pair from a donor or buy them new.

What you will certainly need to do is reprogram the keys to match the body computer four digit code, so if you can get that from the previous owner of the body computer plan on doing that then see how you get on. When you try to start the car do you get the immobiliser light flashing on the dash?
You mean the four digits code of the body computer which I bought and fitted to the car or the code of the original body computer which came with the car. Yes the immobiliser light flashes on the dashboard. What I thought was to get the code of the new body computer which I replaced now and enter it to Lexia and give it a try. Will it work.
DickieG wrote:

2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

You mean the four digits code of the body computer which I bought and fitted to the car or the code of the original body computer which came with the car. Yes the immobiliser light flashes on the dashboard. What I thought was to get the code of the new body computer which I replaced now and enter it to Lexia and give it a try. Will it work.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

Also before I connected the new body computer, the original body computer was removed due to a fault and car was starting without any issue. Any idea how this is possible.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

superloopy wrote:Are you trying to reinitialise the body computer (cph) or the engine ecu itself? What needed the cph replacing??
When I bought the car the cph was removed due to a the immobilizer issue and the car hasn't start. Some how the previous owner had got it started. So I wanted to reinitialize the cph since the interior door lights were not working. I bought the cph and the key of a same car and plugged the cph to my car and afterwards it didn't start.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

what I want to do is to pair the newly pachased cph and the key to my existing engine ECU using Lexia. Is this possible.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

superloopy wrote:Why would you change the cph for another unknown one if all you wanted was to reinitialise it, i'm confused?

Do you know the four digit code of your current car or not, athough i'm assuming that if you did you would've tried that.

Did you try and reinitialise the 'old' cph using the four digit code?

If, as reading between the lines, you have NO four digit code, whether it be the correct one for the engine ecu OR the one for the NEW cph then you're up the creek without a paddle.

There are sites out there which may be able to supply the code relevant to your VIN but there's no guarantee tat your original engine ecu is even correct.
The old cph is not working. Before I bought the car suddenly the engine has not start and immobiliser light has flashed. Then they have removed the cph and has started the car without the cph. Ever since the car ran with out it. I got the cph checked and to see the main ic is faulty.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v