C8 audio issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MonkeyMark

C8 audio issues

Post by MonkeyMark »

Hi all,

The stereo on my C8 broke a while back. My son decided to replace the factory fit one with an after market one.

Currently, the radio forgets any setting and does not go on/off with the ignition (have to do it manually).
This would say to me the permanent and switch live are swapped or its running just off switch live.

Now here is the problem.
The car has one of those io devices fitted (http://www.my-io.com/products/io-play2-overview/
As my son decided to fit it im now not sure which are the original connectors and which are the after market ones from the io device as its joined into the system meaning more male and female sockets than normal. Also a switch live that ran off behind the steering somewhere has come loose and I cant find where from yet. It has a spade connector so don't know if it went into an existing female crimp or one that's been added.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the audio system? Preferably colour coded. And would anyone like to guess where the switch live was possible connected to? :-D
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
MonkeyMark

Re: C8 audio issues

Post by MonkeyMark »

Well,, it sort of works now.

It now switches off 1 minute after the key has been removed from the ignition. And when the doors are unlocked it comes back on (strange, but kinda cool as then music is on while im still fighting the kids into their seats).

Not perfect, but it will do for now.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.