Lexia 3 Diagbox connection problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hanso

Lexia 3 Diagbox connection problem

Post by Hanso »

Hi,

I recently bought a Lexia 3 cable with two discs (Diagbox and PP2000) to use with my 407 2.0HDI from Singapore via a website.
After trying to install a virtual WinXP to run it with on my current laptop I bought a old one for £20 with a clean XP installation.
I installed the Software on it no problems, when I plugged it into my 407 it did read the VIN but when running the Global Test it would only get a no dialogue response from all ECUs.
after trying for a while I eventually got the first ECU to respond (BSI) and the rest telling me no response. from that information I know that there is no fuel cap sensor response error.
That one is in the post and will be fitted shortly.
I think that the cable somewhere along its connectors is faulty, because I did get that reading twice out of 20 or so attempts.

Does anyone have any other advise on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Lexia 3 Diagbox connection problem

Post by RichardW »

Try starting the engine - I find our C4 is reluctant to talk to the Lexia if the engine's not running. You will certainly get nothing if eco mode is active.
Richard W
Hanso

Post by Hanso »

I will try that , I also got a message from the seller suggesting to go back on the version of diagbox to 47.99. I will try that too if the first suggestion doesn't work.
Hanso

Post by Hanso »

Hi , I have tried with engine running , no difference, one more thing I cam across though.
When it does read the VIN correctly and I have chosen Diagbox it asks me what kind of BSI there is , old style or cross range. under the question mark it explains how to determine it. my VIN is above 1200 which doesn't fit the criteria for either of them maybe that's why it does not communicate.
Any suggestions on this?

thanks
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Wipe the laptop and start again with these instructions, they've never failed me:

http://nwex.co.uk/downloads/peugeot/planet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Hanso

Post by Hanso »

will do , thanks,
spend far too much time on this already ,
I thought this would be a cheap way to maintain my car.
Hanso

Post by Hanso »

Just a update,
I found the fault is within the OBD2 plug. the pins appear to be too thin , they don't establish a proper connection.
Found it out by chance , during the global test of pp2000 it kept asking to connect, as soon as I wriggled the plug about it connected .
I started to bend the pins inside to get a proper connection . It is better but not perfect. still needs moving about