XM - Return line

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Carsten S
My Cars: 2001 Citroen C5 V6 aut.

XM - Return line

Post by Carsten S »

Hi,
The car have a fairly amount internal leakage. When stopped, the rear end falls to bumpstops in ~25 sec. When running the pressure-regulator allmost never cuts out.

Does anyone know what component this return-line is connected to, and is that the problem?
XM V6 24V (ES9) ~1998

Thanks

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: XM - Return line

Post by Peter.N. »

I suspect it may be the rear height level adjuster, when they wear they can pass a lot of fluid back and that would account for the rapid sinking. The rear suspension is also connected to the rear brake circuit via the brake valve. It could of course also be on of the rear suspension cylinders.

Peter
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

This car will have anti-sink, so the anti-sink valve should be isolating the rear suspension cylinders from the brake valve and even (I think) from the height corrector, so that only really leaves the rear suspension cylinders as prime suspects. Pulling the return pipes from the rear cylinders should confirm it fairly easily.
Carsten S
My Cars: 2001 Citroen C5 V6 aut.

Post by Carsten S »

xantia_v6 wrote:This car will have anti-sink, so the anti-sink valve should be isolating the rear suspension cylinders from the brake valve and even (I think) from the height corrector, so that only really leaves the rear suspension cylinders as prime suspects. Pulling the return pipes from the rear cylinders should confirm it fairly easily.
Thanks, i'll give it a try.. There's just no work space at all, in the rear of it. Really annoying design.
A friend of mine have a Xantia which started the same "feature" yesterday. :roll: