xsara Picasso help please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nickg

xsara Picasso help please

Post by nickg »

Right people I hope you can help. Ive got a 2003 xsara Picasso 2.0hdi 90bhp. The last 4 months its started playing up. Not all the time though. It will hesitate when accelerating. No smoke out the back. Just holds back sometimes for a split second other times for 20-30 seconds. No real time when this will happen either just when it feels like it. I changed the fuel filter about 1000 miles ago but no difference. Any ideas?

Also problem with indicator stalk. When I indicate it some times brings on the headlights and stops the indicator. Any ideas for a fix?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: xsara Picasso help please

Post by RichardW »

Hi Nick, Welcome!

The holding back could be the brake light switch - this a known problem in the Xsara Pic - if the ECU thinks the brakes are being applied it won't accelerate. Might be a bit difficult to check when you're driving though.... :lol: maybe get someone to follow you. Otherwise you will need to get it on a Lexia diagnostic computer - but this may be difficult to pick up if it's an intermittent fault that is not leaving any fault codes. There are members with the kit who might be able to help you out: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=50388" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The indicator problem will be the COM2000 (the stalks unit under the wheel) playing up. Possibility it can be repaired (see http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=50388" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) otherwise will need to replace it.
Richard W
nickg

Post by nickg »

Tbank you for your help. Is there any tell tail symptoms its brake light switch? Is the switch faulty or out of adjustment?
nickg

Post by nickg »

Right im getting the code off my old comms unit this weekend then gonna search secondhand. I know the second hand one could be the same fault but worth a try. Can I use one from a peugeot even if it has the same code on the unit?
nickg

Post by nickg »

Right ive got my code 96477520xt. Anybody know of any available?