Diagbox 7.02

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantos
My Cars: Xantia 1.9TD Break non-hydractive (1999)
Xantia 3.0 V6 Activa (1998)
C4 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mk2 (2010)

Diagbox 7.02

Post by xantos »

Double post from sticky thread, as it might have more response here :twisted:

Well I'm trying to install Diagbox 7.02 on my laptop, as my friend has Citroen DS5 4x4 hybrid, and the car doesn't start. Previously I had Diagbox 5.xx which was working fine and presumable I have a Chinese clone, but I not sure, as I bought it second hand about a year and half ago. Didn't expect to work but something curious happened...

When I installed Diagbox 7.02 (many thanks Mandrake for your link =D> ), and connected the interface (not connected to any car) this came up:

I'm curious... Trying to diagnose Xantia, no success, but when trying to diagnose DS5 it looked like it works. No dialogue with any of control units (as the car was not connected), but it was trying to make dialogue with no errors...

Is there a way to determine which interface do I have?

EDIT: There is also a SIM apllication running in tray, since Diagbox 7.02 is installed... What's that all about?
Xantia Break 1.9TD (jammed b****!)
Xantia Activa 2.0 TCT + LPG (1998) (peeing b****!) RIP
Xantia Activa 2.0 TCT (1998) (burnt b****!)
Xantia Activa 3.0 V6 (1998) (not a b****! yet :-D )
C4 Exclusive 2.0 HDi (gear shifting b****!)
xantos

Re: Diagbox 7.02

Post by xantos »

Was just fiddling around and managed to get to Xantia Diagnosis menu, just like Mandrake suggested. Just before clicking Lexia, disconnect the interface, wait for 5 sec, re-connect, wait 5 sec, and click Lexia. So it looks like I have a working Diagbox 7.02! :lol:
xantos

Post by xantos »

I was trying to diagnose Xantia today. Managed to get to diagnosis menu but I just keep getting: "No dialogue with ECU during initialisation". So maybe Diagbox 7.02 won't work with my interface...
tomhanman
New User

Post by tomhanman »

Hi xantos,

Thought I'd add to your one-man thread!!

I have just bought a chinese clone that comes with 7.02 and all updates to 7.56 so it is supposed to work with that version.

I too also have an old version chinese clone with Lexia 6 or something that worked fine for my C4, but...

I now have a DS5 hybrid4 as you friend (thankfully mine starts fine). But now that I have the new version installed on a new XP installation with all updates done, I get the very same screen to you - 'no communication' next to all the different ecu's. I have managed to get the vin no. from the car, but that is the only bit of two way comms I've managed. I don't know why.

I am totally unclear weather or not this tool is supposed to be used with internet access, and if so what the username and password for the connection to psa are. But it seems that mine won't do a great deal without a connection.

So I'm stuck. But what I meant to say is that my interface is new and is supposed to work with the new software and seeing as I'm getting the same crap as you, maybe there is hope for yours too... or maybe none for me!

Did you get any input from anybody? What was the advice about disconnecting and reconnecting the interface... just before launching Diagbox, or clicking Citroen? And when using it on the DS5 did you have the ignition on? the key in the holder? the hybrid system started? etc?

Thanks, and I hope his is starting now...
Tom.
xantos

Post by xantos »

Bit late but...

Yes I have managed to get my DiagBox running with the latest update. I had to reinstall it few times (including reinstalling WinXP :evil: ). If you have a clone DON'T!!! connect to PSA update center. You should use offline updates that you got from your supplier.

Check the Diagbox sticky thread.