2008 CITROEN XSARA PICASSO VTX 16V (MANUAL/DIESEL) - Heater

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gregor1968

2008 CITROEN XSARA PICASSO VTX 16V (MANUAL/DIESEL) - Heater

Post by gregor1968 »

Hi there,

I have tried many times to find the control restistor or the wiring loom without success as it seesm that either it is different from model to model or my fingers are to big :-(

Exact Model:

2008 CITROEN XSARA PICASSO VTX 16V (MANUAL/DIESEL) - Heater blower

Does anybody has a kind of photo / diagram to make it more clear and also what is the best way to access The garage I ask to repair did not come back to me at all so not sure if they thought it would be to much work but they mentioned that the control resistor and the wiring loom must be replaced.

Thank you in advance

-Greg
gregor1968

Re: 2008 CITROEN XSARA PICASSO VTX 16V (MANUAL/DIESEL) - Hea

Post by gregor1968 »

Got this answer on another forum so I hope that somebody can help me further :-)

If you ask this question on http://www.frenchcarforum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then someone on there with access to the citroen service website will pull up a diagram showing its exact location on the car.
gregor1968

Post by gregor1968 »

Could somebody give me the right tip or let me know if you need more information to suggest the right location for the control resistor or wiring loom?

Thank you in advance

-Greg
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi there, and welcome aboard. Give it time, somebody with the relevant knowledge will come along and offer advise. I cannot, as I do not have any experience of this problem. If you can post up the last eight digits of the VIN number somebody with the relevant access can then find you exactly what your car was wearing when she rolled out of the factory. This can change between identical models over time, as various suppliers may have difficulties meeting demand, or have a glut of kit.

Just a simple question to help clarify things. What is the problem you are experiencing?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Assuming manual AC, then service.citroen suggests it is in the inlet duct, under the dash. Some net info suggests it can be got at by removing the fan (probably after removing the glovebox) then reaching in the hole.... eg:

on a 2001 petrol 1.8 ....remove glove box....remove blower motor....reach inside heater ducting.....the resistor is on the top of the ducting at arms length....you have to twist it out if housing and remove cables with one hand....its tricky but can be done.
Richard W
gregor1968

Post by gregor1968 »

Last eight digits of the VIN number as suggested:
gregor1968

Post by gregor1968 »

RichardW wrote:Assuming manual AC, then service.citroen suggests it is in the inlet duct, under the dash. Some net info suggests it can be got at by removing the fan (probably after removing the glovebox) then reaching in the hole.... eg:

on a 2001 petrol 1.8 ....remove glove box....remove blower motor....reach inside heater ducting.....the resistor is on the top of the ducting at arms length....you have to twist it out if housing and remove cables with one hand....its tricky but can be done.
Provided the last 8 digit of the VIN number so maybe we could get data for my exact care model :-)
gregor1968

Post by gregor1968 »

Guys,
Not sure if it makes sense to wait for the correct answer not knowing if I will ever manage to repair so I am just wondering if somebody knows a reliable cheap garage who can fix this issue quickly in Reading area?

Cheers,
-Greg
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Manual air conditioning, so it's as described. I wonder if in fact it might be easier to go in the other way from the front, but this probably involves removing the wipers and scuttle panel to get access to the air intake.

There used to be a couple of independents in / around Reading, but that was nearly 15 years ago.... I think PTS are still going at Wokingham.
Richard W
gregor1968

Post by gregor1968 »

RichardW wrote:Manual air conditioning, so it's as described. I wonder if in fact it might be easier to go in the other way from the front, but this probably involves removing the wipers and scuttle panel to get access to the air intake.

There used to be a couple of independents in / around Reading, but that was nearly 15 years ago.... I think PTS are still going at Wokingham.
Funny that you mentioned PTS, I called them earlier and scheduled an appoinetment as the review on http://www.goodgaragescheme.com/pages/g ... ham%29+Ltd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is quite positive so hope they will sort that out quickly :-)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I have heard of Cleaver Cars on the Portman Road, but I cannot give anything more on them. I believe that Nothern_Mike has used PTS, but again I have nothing further.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!