C5 Hydractive Suspension faults..

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

C5 Hydractive Suspension faults..

Post by KP »

Went to look at a car with th above today and while I could clear most of them the last one wouldn't clear.

The suspension would not budge at all. The pump wouldn't run when I ran the activation sequence which should raise the front and run the pump to build pressure.

I have a feeling the pump is goosed or has at least blown the maxi fuse(which I've read before I'm sure, happens before the pump is about to fail totally)

Is this the consensus from others on here?

Sorry can't post pic directly as on my phone and using Flickr :(

And yes it looks foreign but is the new way for the later citroens for fault work :)
Last edited by myglaren on 08 Jan 2015, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image link.
dnsey

Re: C5 Hydractive Suspension faults..

Post by dnsey »

Hmmm.
I normal operation, the suspension height is adjusted automatically depending on vehicle speed (i.e. it won't stay in service position beyond a few mph, and drops a bit at high speed).
IME, suspension ECU problems can lock the height wherever it happens to be set at the time - a sort of limp mode, I suppose.
Now if the suspension ECU isn't receiving speed data, it might well do the same thing.
Is the car driveable enough to see if the ABS and / or traction control warning shows up? As they also rely on wheel speed data, this might give a clue.
KP
My Cars:

Re: C5 Hydractive Suspension faults..

Post by KP »

I didn't even move it as I don't move them on access/low.

It may well release itself Over night but think I'll pass on the car to be honest.