Citroen relay 2.2 hdi engine / peugeot lump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jeff111
New User

Citroen relay 2.2 hdi engine / peugeot lump

Post by Jeff111 »

Hi all I have a Citroen relay 2.2 hdi , with a major engine knock, it's the dw12 PEUGEOT lump 4HY , I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A NEW CHEAP 2.2 hdi 2004 lump 4HX Does any body know if they are the same engine . Mine is in a 2006 relay ,
So far it's had new injectors, turbo , cam kit clutch kit, air maff meter full service and a battery .. This was all before :lol: I got my hands on it , I am capable of most things for repairs so cost of repairs are parts only

It's the extra long wheel base and hi roof ,

So to change engine or replace the crank or con rods does not matter to me just the vast knowledge you have will go a long way

Many thanks and a happy new year to all . :lol:
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Citroen relay 2.2 hdi engine / peugeot lump

Post by Peter.N. »

If the injectors have been changed it sounds like a mechanical knock, does it sound like a big end, or more than one? If so and its only the shells the sump is not to difficult to remove.

Peter
Jeff111
New User

Re: Citroen relay 2.2 hdi engine / peugeot lump

Post by Jeff111 »

Hi Peter , well its loud and could be big ends or the shims in the con rod top ,sounds deep bot top end rather than bottom end will be removing all injectors over the next couple of days (when it gets warmer). will check for piston slap / play in con rod tops . and get back to you on the outcome