Camshaft sensor location (error P0340)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

marcing

Camshaft sensor location (error P0340)

Post by marcing »

Hi All,
It has been diagnosed recently in my Xsara Picasso 2004 2.0 HDI. Error code p0340. There is no symptoms on the car except it is a lack of the power.
I have just ordered the sensor and awaiting for a delivery. Can someone tell me where it is located ?
I have found another topic related to error code P0340 but I don't think this is a problem with a timing after a cambelt replacement as it was a long time ago.

Can anyone help please ?
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Camshaft sensor location (error P0340)

Post by wheeler »

The cam sensor on this engine is just for cylinder reference on initial start up, it doesent control any of the running of the engine. If the camshaft sensor was faulty the engine would not start up. If you unplug the sensor after the engine starts the engine will run perfectly but will not restart once it is switched off.
The cam sensor is located right on top of the engine right where the camshaft pulley is, its only held in by a single T-20 screw.
marcing

Re: Camshaft sensor location (error P0340)

Post by marcing »

Hi Wheeler,

Thank you for a quick respond...
By any chance the error code P0340 might be referenced to anything else ?
marcing

Re: Camshaft sensor location (error P0340) (SOLVED)

Post by marcing »

OK.. That was a cam shaft sensor... cost 18pounds for a sensor... easy to replace.... it is under the plastic engine cover on the left side (little bit back)... It is fitted by one torx screw.... After changing and reset an error the car is powerful and no issues at all... So not all the time you car must have a problem with the start if this sensor is faulty because of my engine started good all the time but it was not powerful during the driving...