Any 405 cruise control experts out there?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

carlo14
My Cars:

Any 405 cruise control experts out there?

Post by carlo14 »

Morning all.

I have an issue with my 405 2.0 GTX Auto cruise control which I don't know if anyone can help me with (cruise is very important as I get a lot of back and leg trouble).

The indicator light on the switch in the centre console now goes out as soon as it comes on, and with this light inoperative the stalk activator will of course not work. I have noticed it's been getting worse for a while, but this week it has gone; as soon as you release your finger from the push button switch the light goes out (it comes on as the switch button is depressed). I've noticed if you hold the switch in all the time the light stays on and the cruise will work, which seemed to indicate to me that the switch itself may be faulty, but having tried a replacement switch exactly the same thing occurs. I've also noticed sometimes the indicator light stays on for a few seconds, then flickers and dies slowly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Any 405 cruise control experts out there?

Post by spider »

It might be worth trying Planet (Diagbox) or PP2000 on this to see if there's anything in the 'cruise ECU.

The flickering is an indication of a dodgy connection I'd have to suggest. Carefully check any multiplugs you can see both up under the dash and in the engine bay. Also the relay box too.

Check the vacuum line (if its vac type) on the actuator too in the engine bay for any damage or cracks.

CC is not that straightforward to diagnose or fix on this era of vehicles imo simply as there's not always a lot of tech data floating about, having said that the 5 series in general is brilliant. I'd be happy with another 205 or a 405 any day of the week.

Unsure how helpful this is. A diag session would probably help though.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
carlo14
My Cars:

Post by carlo14 »

Many thanks for the tips.
carlo14
My Cars:

Post by carlo14 »

Turns out it was just the switch which was faulty in the end, which I suppose from those symptoms made sense.