C5 X7 VTR+ vs Exclusive

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

C5 X7 VTR+ vs Exclusive

Post by osx »

Are there VTR+'s with the same suspension as the Exclusive (Hydractive3)? Any other mechanical differences?
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: C5 X7 VTR+ vs Exclusive

Post by bobins »

Of the early X7, the Hydractive 3 was available on the 2.2Hdi and Auto VTR+. Don't know about later versions though.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I thought only the X7 Exclusive models floated on liquid ?, I never knew any of the VTR's used it, I did not see one anywhere either when buying mine, not a sausage
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Funny you should ask this osx cos i've been looking for weeks to find out differences between VTR+ & Exclusive models suspension wise. Seems some VTR+ models do have Hydractive suspension but most don't. The other thing that is strange is most VTR+ have a normal hand brake as well but some do have the electric auto hand brake ala the Exclusive. I've been trying to figure out if electric hand brake equals Hydractive but there doesn't seem to any corrolation at all. I have noticed Exclusive with nav is a lot rarer than the VTR+ nav model however and full leather and sun roofs are as rare as rocking horse poo.

Here's a very rare one indeed, white VTX+ with nav and sunroof.
https://www.vcars.co.uk/used-cars/carde ... na&u=69817
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Do a web search for a 2008 or 2009 C5 X7 brochure - a lot of info can be gathered from that !
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
centurus2400

Post by centurus2400 »

My 2.0 Exclusive has full leather, panoramic roof, auto box, and Sat Nav - or rather Navidrive. It took absolutely ages to find one with this spec, they do seem to be quite uncommon.
I'm very pleased with it, without doubt the nicest car I've ever had - even better than my old Visa D that I turbocharged :-D
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

OK,from what I can find is in the UK a VTR could of been special ordered with HydroAct-3...no wonder they are rare.

I understand Citroen and the advantage of adding a steel sprung system, Fleet/Rep choice, hence the C5 Nav-VTR,,,,finding a C5 Full Spec with low miles, it is quicker/easier to search for Rocking Horse Poo !
Half Leather are good seats and TomTom is fine because I switch between Cars/Vans quite often....and that is when I need the Nav
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

Had a look at the VTR+ and it does indeed have HydroAct-3. It doesn't have the following
17" alloys
leather or half-leather seats
no electric seats hence no memory options to store settings
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

does it have the electric opening boot on the VTR ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The VTR label seems market oriented ... the X7 model introduced a lot of confusion in the package/class that's being sold ... most of the exclusives I've seen are far behind my factory fitted situation (not taking into consideration my modifications) ... I've also explored a number of Exclusives by their VIN numbers, and found out that they don't have some of the gadgetry my car has .. also, I've managed to find some differences in different catalogs/price lists for each of the sub-models, and there are huge differences, again market based ...

My car has 17" alloys (Persique model, 5402 X2), zero leather & electric seats & no electric boot opening
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Chances of finding an X7 exclusive with Nav or Leather are like finding a needle in a haystack. That haystack is then floating on two million tonnes of jello and is infused with many rads of radiation so you have to wear a nice lead clad suit...

I have found that some VTR+ with Auto have the hydractive suspension but cant confirm if it is all of them.
Why did citroen have to cheap out and make an exclusive 1/2leather and no nav? oh thats right, as they charged a fortune for each one so could try to make more money... Even the full leather interior isn't full leather!

I have almost given up my search for one as i've seen a few V6 HDi's now and only one has full leather and nav! how can you spec the top choice option and then miss the more important options!!

Also dont forget full leather also comes with the massage option :D
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Exterior fittings in the UK also change, these two are the same year, Exclusive has Silver roof bars, Chrome Window trims, Lights at the front are also different.....the VTR car also does not have a electric tail gate (I saw the guy come back), it was also an Auto BTW. There was no Nav in the car and it had a short roof stick and yes, strangely the red shade was a slightly darker tone ?....The VTR also is missing the chrome door handles and colour matched mirrors, it has matte painted black window/door pillars not the gloss finish on the Exclusive.

I would NEVER however choose the larger Alloys, more rubber more comfort and with a long wheel base car you NEED movement for good road manors.
People forget that ALL cars have TWO suspension systems...The SECONDARY one using shocks/springs or Hydraulics and the Primary system consisting of a set of 4 Air bags also used to stick you to the road
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Different headlights on the two cars, in which sense? Xenon opposed to the halogen, or no-LED vs. LED DRLs ?
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

looked like different Under lights, maybe no turn spots ?
The main Headlamps looked like standard Non-Xenon...I did not really compare as Xenon is an option on all cars (and a popular one) and as I hate them on cars coming at me at night, I have never been interested in them so did not really look ....sorry :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

I'm happy enough with my Exclusive.
19" Alloys, Sat Nav, Full Leather, 2 zone air-con, 4 x puddle lights, 4 x footwell lights, mood lighting, rear and side window blinds, accoustic front and side windows, pavement/corner lights, DRL, comfort entry exit seats, 8 way heated electric front seats with massage function and memory drivers seat, Electric handbrake, CD and jukebox audio and onboard computer plus the usual stuff.
Quite enough toys for me, and I'm sure I'm have forgotten some.
I'm sure the exclusive was the only one with Hydractive as standard, and that it was an optional extra on the early VTR+
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.