Headlight

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Guru Meditation

Headlight

Post by Guru Meditation »

Hi there. I have the twin headlight design in my ZX and need a l/h headlight (as viewed from the driver seat). Anyone know if either of these lights are the twin H4 buld type lights?
N94253A HEADLAMP-RH ZX RH (LUCAS) 33.00 Add
N94253 HEADLAMP-RH(BQ) ZX RH 39.00
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

If Jon doesn't get a chance clarify this in an answer here then simply give GSF a call.
I suspect that cars fitted as standard with twin headlights won't have H4 units (twin filament bulbs) - but rather H1 or H3 units (single filament bulbs).
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

My ZX Elation TD has Twin Headlamps and I've just purchased a pair of Ring H1 bulbs for the dip lamps. As Anders says the H4 are Main and dip double filaments for the single headlamp version.
Sooty
Guru Meditation

Cheers for the responses guys, I always get H4 and H1 confused
Jon

Post by Jon »

As far as I'm aware all UK market ZX's had "twin" headlamps, that is one bulb for dip and another for main beam. The headlamps sold by GSF are of this type.
There are two H1 bulbs in each light. The "trade" number for this sort of bulb is a 448 if you are purchasing them from a motor factors.
Guru Meditation

Ah ok then-for some reason I thought there were more than one type of ZX headlight, don't know why tho