Water on front plug that goes in ecu

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Baz2014
New User

Water on front plug that goes in ecu

Post by Baz2014 »

Ok, apologies if the terminology is incorrect here, but hopefully it'll make sense!

My C2 is getting water in one of the connectors that plug into the engine management system - of the three its the one nearest the front of the car.

Causing the car to cut out /low rev etc.

Its happened three times so far over the last few months. To get the car running again, I simply disconnect the plug, dry it out and I'm off again.

No matter what I do, I cannot see where the water is coming from, especially given that the battery cover also covers this part of the engine as well.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Water on front plug that goes in ecu

Post by wheeler »

Does it smell like engine coolant ? Unplug the engine coolant temperature sensor & check for the same in there. The sensors leak & the coolant can travel up the wire with the help of capillary action.
Baz2014
New User

Post by Baz2014 »

Not much water on plug but enough to cause engine to cut out . Ain't smelt it . Water is around pins when blown away car works fine for week then water comes back . Water is defo not coming in from top cus all sealed at top so must be wiring or underneath the car ????
steve18gls
My Cars:

Post by steve18gls »

I would suggest that you cover the Ecu with a plastic bags mate or some other waterproof covering. Water near the Ecu plugs could cause it to fry the Ecu and that's a bill you don't want ! :)